F*ck You (25th Hour)

This section is for any other poetry-related topics
Kush

F*ck You (25th Hour)

Post by Kush »

Edward Norton's epic rant as Montgomery Brogan in the 25th Hour is meaner and more spiteful than anything Bob Dylan ever wrote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hthimFxKQ0o
Steven

Re: F*ck You (25th Hour)

Post by Steven »

Hi Kush,

That's one F'n great clip.

Without the seething anger of this clip, there's another video on YouTube, a video of "Pray for You," by Jaron and
The Long Road to Love, that's cool, i.m.o.
Kush

Post by Kush »

Steven - I will check out the Pray for you video, thanks for the tip.

Edward Norton is a great dramatic character actor which is almost an anachronism these days IMHO.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Hi Kush,

I agree with your comment on the anachronism. -- The clip reminded me of the most memorable scene in
"Taxi Driver," by De Niro. Haven't seen this movie with Edward Norton. Have you? If so, do you recommend it?
Cate

Post by Cate »

that's a whole lot of pain - I haven't actually seen the movie but just watched the clip from the end.

"Give me the word and I'll take the left turn" ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8elKC-DLS8
Kush

Post by Kush »

Steven - I would defintely recommend 25th Hour, it is a terrific movie that almost runs like street poetry. I havent actually seen Taxi Driver but have heard a lot about it, so I will look it up at the local rental (the big chain video stores blockbuster etc have all closed now atleast out here). In fact Robert De Niro and Ed Norton are in a new movie just out 'Stone' but I havent seen it playing around here. Another awesome movie with Ed Norton is American History X, which might be even better than 25th hour.

Cate - thanks for the second link. Indeed I had forgotten that last dream sequence? ending.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Hi Kush,

I'll try to see 25th Hour in the near future. Thanks for the recommendation.

Return to “Other Writers and Writing”