DVD of the Las Vegas 11 Dec 2010 Concert

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
Tova

DVD of the Las Vegas 11 Dec 2010 Concert

Postby Tova » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Greeting to Leonard Cohen Lovers,

Unfortunately I was unable to attend the Las Vegas concert. Naturally, after the concert I diligently scanned YouTube and the forum. Imagine my joy when I discovered the soundtracks and the videos of the two concerts. As with the concert in Israel, almost entire concert was recorded. At the time I made a DVD of the concert in Tel-Aviv for myself and friends but was reluctant to put it on the web for fear of it being exploited and violation of rights. However, since TGuy shared with the forum the DVD of Tel-Aviv, I guess that it is OK.

In the spirit of Valentines Day, I humbly offer you a DVD from the final concert of the 2008-2010 Tour (11 Dec 2010).

Thanks - Foremost, I thank Leonard Cohen and the Unified Hearts Band for the joy they gave us during the past years. I thank the generous people who shared with all of us their soundtracks and videos and especially to the ones I used their material for the DVD: albertnoonan, arlenedick15, lizzykeXXX, luke 79, Messalina,rinibutler,sammi221us, viewcamerotovideo.

What to expect –
The DVD was intended for a close circle of friends so forgive the personal touches and sentimentality.
The DVD contains the final concert with full length songs, mostly. I did not wish to cut and paste to make a “perfect” DVD, for that we have the commercial ones. However, I did paste the irresistible intro from the previous night to the Dec 11 Anthem, so you’ll hear both intros.
Missing songs - In the first set- Ain’t no Cure for Love is from the Dec 10 concert; Second Set - missing Take This Waltz; Encores - missing If It Be Your Will. In both cases the missing song was used as the soundtrack of the relevant sub menu. The soundtrack of “Thanks and Credits” (located in the submenu Epilogue) is the actual ending of the concert.

A plea - if anyone has a missing song or any of the incomplete songs (as Dance Me To The End of Love and a couple of others) I’d be happy to edit the DVD and incorporate them.

Now to the techs:

The DVD is located in Megauploads

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=6GNKEUC0

1. Download all seven parts.
2. Extract files (part01) using WinRAR (PC) or Stuffit expander (Mac)
3. You get a single 7.5-7.8GB disk image file (LC Las Vegas 2010.img).
4. You can watch this image on your computer: In PC and Mac using “VLC player” or in Mac better double click the image the play the Video_TS folder using “DVD Player”.
5. OR – you can burn it in on a Double Layer DVD using: PC – Nero ImgBurn or any other burner; Mac - using disk utility (Applications – Utilities- Disk Utility).

For those with downloading problems there is a compressed movie that you can watch on your computer
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UAPLCWTJ

All the best, Tova
"Yes and here's to the few
Who forgive what you do
And the fewer who don't even care
"
Night Comes On, 1984
Maarten

Re: DVD of the Las Vegas 11 Dec 2010 Concert

Postby Maarten » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:57 am

"Thanks and here's to the lot
who like what you got
and the losers who don't even care"

Thank you Tova, 2011

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Tova

Postby Tova » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:28 pm

Maarten wrote:"Thanks and here's to the lot
who like what you got
and the losers who don't even care"

Thank you Tova, 2011
You put a :) on my face after a l-o-n-g day. Glad you enjoyed
"Yes and here's to the few
Who forgive what you do
And the fewer who don't even care
"
Night Comes On, 1984
holydove

Postby holydove » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi Tova,

Thank you so much for your wonderful video compilation of the LV 12/11 concert!!

I finally had success in burning it to DVD; the downloading was easy, but it took some time to figure out the extraction & burning process. But due to your excellent instructions, I finally did it! (The use of WinRAR in particular, was crucial; I had different software for extracting RAR files, that I had used for something else, but this time, for some unknown reason, it didn't work. So I downloaded WinRAR, & as I don't have the patience to read all the techno-instructions, I took some lucky guesses at how to use it, & it worked!!)

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I had a partial look at most of the videos, & it is BEAUTIFUL!! I look forward, with GREAT EAGERNESS, to watching the whole entire beautiful compilation!! Even my partial viewing brought me back, so vividly, to that WONDROUS MIRACULOUS NIGHT!! I'm quite sure that your compilation will provide many hours of Leonard Cohen Ecstasy!!

Thank you again!!
rpan

Postby rpan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:06 pm

I would like to add my thanks for this too, it is just great to relive the event and some of the really great numbers on the night.

In case anyone else finds it useful, I have not burned it to DVD as I am not set up for that but found the VLC media player to download, totally free at http://gofree.com/download/Video/Media- ... 3godbWtSdA and this worked great and I can just run the img file from my PC.
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
joyezekiel

Postby joyezekiel » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:13 am

I've said it elsewhere, but thanks so much for this - a true labour of love!

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
Cheshire gal

Postby Cheshire gal » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:39 am

Thank you Tova for this DVD.

I was at both of the Las Vegas Concerts and until now have never watched a video of either concerts. It is such a bitter sweet moment for me to think that this is probably the last time (my first) to see Leonard in Concert. I have been watching your great offering of these concerts and just love it. Thank you so much for giving us this final memory.

Thank you so much.

Cheshire gal.
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:50 pm

When I have MUCH time available, I'll try to download these, Tova.
Have not intended to not respond out of ungratefulness.
For me, though, it just felt like an offer of:
"FREE!!! CLIMB MT. EVEREST IN A SINGLE DAY!!!"

What you've offered and done for all of us is immense!

THANK YOU, Tova, even though I haven't even begun to attempt this project :? .
If I can manage to do it, I'll be raving, too!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
B4real

Postby B4real » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:48 am

Hi Tova,

I just wanted to say thank you for your generous labour of love in presenting this LV concert. I have downloaded all 7 parts from megaupload with no problems whatsoever. Today I have used the software I already have for the processes you mention with again no problems at all. I used my portable 7 zip (you can get a portable WinRAR as well - they don't need to be installed on your programme files) to extract the rar files. I already had VLC player (which I find invaluable for all things) and have watched the concert up to the end of the first set - Anthem. I just loved seeing again the intro Leonard gave to Raphael. I will continue watching the rest later. I also already have Nero to burn the DVD but tomorrow I must go to buy a double layer DVD and then I'm done.

Many thanks again for all your efforts - a wonderful memory to have. 8)

Bev

.......and Marie,
Let's hope your first concert memories will NOT be your last!!
Be for real. Free yourself to find the real Self ~~ Me
Happiness is like learning the violin, the more you practice it the more it comes to you ~~ Me
Without the heart, there can be no understanding between the hand and the mind ~~ Gore Vidal
Cheshire gal

Postby Cheshire gal » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:24 am

Hi Bev,

I am just listening to a Leonard Concert from 2008. It is wonderful. I really enjoyed Tova's dvd and can watch it on my pc. I am not sure how to download it to keep. Just reading your post on how you are going to do it.... maybe I will also be able to do it too. :D I really hope that we will all be able to see Leonard Live again. Twice was just not enough. I still cannot believe that I actually was there :D I used to wonder why people went to mulitple concerts until I saw him.

Now I know :lol: :lol: perfection.

Best wishes
Marie
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cheshire gal

Postby Cheshire gal » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:07 pm

Finally have put Tova's concert onto a dvd to keep as a hard copy. I have to have a disc. Never really trust just having things in pc. Is it just me? :D :lol:
shooting_star_88

Postby shooting_star_88 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:45 pm

Just found the thread for this :)

Will d/l immediately :)

Have you or anyone a DVD of 10/12/10 concert? :)

Thank you so much for this!! :D
with the Sublime Sisters of Mercy
edlosi

Postby edlosi » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:24 pm

Tova,

thank you so much. I was at both concerts.
Just watched the DVD. It's MARVELLOUS! :D

Isa
MaryB

Postby MaryB » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:36 am

Our DVD burner was not working so our son just installed a new DVD burner on our computer. I had previously downloaded this, but now when I try to burn it, I see that megaupload is no longer in service. Does anyone know if there is another way I can download and burn this?

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
TonVH

Postby TonVH » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Tova wrote: The DVD is located in Megauploads
All the best, Tova
This location no longer exists. Is there any other location?

Thx.

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”