"Bird on a Wire"

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
Paula1

"Bird on a Wire"

Post by Paula1 »

Does anyone have a copy of the Bird on a Wire Video?????
smile

Post by smile »

chek out ebay.com
Life is love so treasure every day.........
Paula

Post by Paula »

Cheers Smile.

I have been checking it out to no avail the only time I ever saw the film was at the cinema in Notting Hill I have never seen it out on Video or know anyone who bought it.

Do you know where I could get it Jarkko.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The film is not available anywhere because it has
been withdrawn from circulation. Only poor
(usally VERY poor) tape copies go around.
Let's hope it will be re-released some day!
Jarkko
Paula

Post by Paula »

Cheers for that piece of info.

Do you happen to know any more information on who owns the film etc I was gonna write to see if they intended either putting it out on video again or showing it at a film festival anywhere.

I was at the recording of the film at the Albert Hall in 1971 and it was quite intense so I think the film would be excellent. LC was in fine form that night and I was sitting in the third row back I took a load of photos but most of them didn't come out due to the intensitity of the powerful lighting.

If you know the film company etc I will write.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Yes, Jarkko, I've got that very (VERY) poor copy. It's almost disaster... And the movie itself is strangely edited - first hal only incomplete songs, and then only talks and inteview and tour footages.
Anyway, you can e-mail me for a video, I can trade (my address in member's list).
tom.
kleeble

Bird On A Wire

Post by kleeble »

I used to have a very good copy on Betamax. Certainly good enough not to want to look too closely as he swims up and down in the pool. I have a horrible feeling that I've still got it. :?

I will have to dust off my old Sony C7 Betamax player from the attic and go through the 30 or so tapes I still have.

I do have a rather delightful MPEG of Lenny on the Julie Felix show (1968?) singing the Stranger Song.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Kleebe if you do manage to track down the tape and manage to put it on something resembling DVD, CD or tape could I have a copy I will contribute towards the costs of the medication you will need before during and after the task. Also could you send me the mpeg - is it like a jpeg that you just email? I am very demanding aren't I.
margaret

Post by margaret »

Kleeble, If you manage to find the Bird on a wire tape I would also be really interested if you can copy it too. I'm pretty new to this website and to collecting leonards work. All I have is official music c d's, his 2 novels, the Stranger Music poetry volume and the Ladies and Gentleman .....black and white video documentary from 1965.

If anyone else out there can help I would be grateful for any visual material that could be copied and will be happy to cover any costs.

Margaret
NR

Post by NR »

:oops: Can I have one too?
10p

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”