The Infinite Haiku

This is for your own works!!!
Cate

Re: The Infinite Haiku

Post by Cate »

you might be right ... perhaps some of those letters are silent.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:48 pm Cate wrote:
>I thought this game was banned.

nah, unfortunately not - despite my efforts.

solongleonard wrote:
>jigtrghbtrhyethjiytokjuhokyrkjkyookjuyjmuymjjumujmujy

Cate added:
>so long this is not a haiku, your middle is too too long.

it depends on the pronunciation. are you sure it has not seven syllables?

thank you Geoffrey, it is quite infuriating that a newbie (so-called "Cate" ) comes along and attacks our tradition.

At school we were taught to pronounce "jigtrghbtrhyethjiytokjuhokyrkjkyookjuyjmuymjjumujmujy" by 7 syllables

jig
= 1

trghbtrhy

= 2

e

= 3

thjiytok

=4

juho

= 5

kyrkjkyookjuyjmuym

=6

jjumujmujy

=7

However it is mispronounced by a poorly educated "Cate" even she will know its original Canadian meaning - "shall we meet at 2.30 on Wednesday afternoon by the old bicycle sheds for a game of you know what!?, please wear your "jjumujmujy", i.e your short leather skirt with the revealing split."
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Cate

Post by Cate »

hummmm ... I'm still not quite sure about your syllable count but since two of you agree that it's only seven syllables I'll take your word for it.
solongleonard wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:06 pm
However it is mispronounced by a poorly educated "Cate" even she will know its original Canadian meaning - "shall we meet at 2.30 on Wednesday afternoon by the old bicycle sheds for a game of you know what!?, please wear your "jjumujmujy", i.e your short leather skirt with the revealing split."
oh behind the bicycle shed - you must mean "horseshoes". I spell it a little differently.
confession, it's not actually a Canadian tradition for it to be joggers vs leather mini with a split on the pitch, but you do have great legs so you mise while show them off.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Cate wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:44 am hummmm ... I'm still not quite sure about your syllable count but since two of you agree that it's only seven syllables I'll take your word for it.
solongleonard wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:06 pm
oh behind the bicycle shed - you must mean "horseshoes". I spell it a little differently.
confession, it's not actually a Canadian tradition for it to be joggers vs leather mini with a split on the pitch, but you do have great legs so you mise while show them off.

I have searched the Net to find a translator machine thingy to move your Canadian English unto Real English. Sadly it existeth not and I am left to contemplate someone's ersatz calculation of the distancing from Montreal to Canada.

See you later at the Bicycle Sheds. As we haven't met before we can recognise each other today if we each be bringing a mirror each both together making 3.
THEY MUST LEAD
Cate

Post by Cate »

solongleonard wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:22 pm
I have searched the Net to find a translator machine thingy to move your Canadian English unto Real English. Sadly it existeth not ...
If you ever find one could you please let us know where to find it... although my husband is a fellow Canadian he's often saying, 'I have no idea what your talking about' or 'what are you talking about?'.

I tried to find you yesterday at the bike shed. I had my mirror and everything ... it's possible I had the wrong continent though.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

well I was incontinent and was going behind the bike sheds
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”