complete the poem.....(Haiku)

This is for your own works!!!
George.Wright
Posts: 1874
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:37 pm
Location: Bangor, N.Ireland

to ania and kush

Postby George.Wright » Tue Aug 06, 2002 4:02 pm

Thanks for your comments..............it was a gathering of images that flashed into my head. As you can imagine, i don't adhere to conventions but go on emotions and feelings at a moment in time. The language as Guest pointed out is as conventional as cohen's writings.
Georges
stranger

Postby stranger » Tue Aug 06, 2002 5:14 pm

thanks for pointing it out, guest. I always thought LC was never shy of using the 'fuck' word so what was the fuss about. Anyway, that word has existed in one form or other (verbal, chemical, whatever)since the first jelly -like creatures appeared. A very beautiful word.
Linda
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:10 pm
Location: USA

Postby Linda » Tue Aug 06, 2002 5:30 pm

You can't be serious!
Linda
solongleonard
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: complete the poem.....(Haiku)

Postby solongleonard » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:23 am

oh no!
User avatar
tom.d.stiller
Posts: 1202
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:18 am
Location: ... between the lines ...

Re: complete the poem.....(Haiku)

Postby tom.d.stiller » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:41 pm

You in the daylight
Dreamed of summer nights long gone.
Winter surprised you.
solongleonard
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: complete the poem.....(Haiku)

Postby solongleonard » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Winter surprised you
cross-eyed albino bluesmen
should not smoke at night



http://ultimateclassicrock.com/johnny-w ... idnt-know/
solongleonard
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: complete the poem.....(Haiku)

Postby solongleonard » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:58 am

solongleonard wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:25 pm
Winter surprised you
cross-eyed albino bluesmen
should not smoke at night



http://ultimateclassicrock.com/johnny-w ... idnt-know/

I have thought about this short and soft and have unanimously agreed amongst myself that the haiku above is definitely probably the cleverest contribution for ever and longer since before. This objective biased view is supported by the lack of response and applause. All of you, if not more, are so awded that you can’t even whisper your worship. It’s ok, I will addyoulate some to the end of something inconvenient. That Winter verse was just fucking brilliant and Hugo and Geoff know it both ers.
User avatar
Karren B
Posts: 2730
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: At the Cottage in the Village by the River near the Castle.

Re: complete the poem.....(Haiku)

Postby Karren B » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:14 pm

solongleonard wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:58 am
solongleonard wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:25 pm
Winter surprised you
cross-eyed albino bluesmen
should not smoke at night



http://ultimateclassicrock.com/johnny-w ... idnt-know/

I have thought about this short and soft and have unanimously agreed amongst myself that the haiku above is definitely probably the cleverest contribution for ever and longer since before. This objective biased view is supported by the lack of response and applause. All of you, if not more, are so awded that you can’t even whisper your worship. It’s ok, I will addyoulate some to the end of something inconvenient. That Winter verse was just fucking brilliant and Hugo and Geoff know it both ers.
Image
I hope that's enough applause as my hands are getting tired now!

Should not smoke at night
Unless the sound of the pipe
Whispers your worship
'Being ‘normal’ is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage!'

'Loving you is the most exquisite form of self destruction'...
solongleonard
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: complete the poem.....(Haiku)

Postby solongleonard » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:38 am

Karren B wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:14 pm
solongleonard wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:58 am
solongleonard wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:25 pm
Winter surprised you
cross-eyed albino bluesmen
should not smoke at night



http://ultimateclassicrock.com/johnny-w ... idnt-know/

I have thought about this short and soft and have unanimously agreed amongst myself that the haiku above is definitely probably the cleverest contribution for ever and longer since before. This objective biased view is supported by the lack of response and applause. All of you, if not more, are so awded that you can’t even whisper your worship. It’s ok, I will addyoulate some to the end of something inconvenient. That Winter verse was just fucking brilliant and Hugo and Geoff know it both ers.
Image
I hope that's enough applause as my hands are getting tired now!

Should not smoke at night
Unless the sound of the pipe
Whispers your worship

Whispers, Your Worship
Not Guilty, I never scream
Neither fuckng swear
User avatar
Karren B
Posts: 2730
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: At the Cottage in the Village by the River near the Castle.

Re: complete the poem.....(Haiku)

Postby Karren B » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Whispers, Your Worship
Not Guilty, I never scream
Neither fuckng swear

Neither fuckng swear
Nor take the oath that binds with
White bands and black silk
'Being ‘normal’ is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage!'

'Loving you is the most exquisite form of self destruction'...
solongleonard
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: complete the poem.....(Haiku)

Postby solongleonard » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:35 pm

White bands and Black silk
Surprising cultural choice
but no colour Bar
User avatar
Karren B
Posts: 2730
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: At the Cottage in the Village by the River near the Castle.

Re: complete the poem.....(Haiku)

Postby Karren B » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:00 pm

White bands and Black silk
Surprising cultural choice
but no colour Bar
But no colour Bar
So don bright scarlet robes and
Recline on the bench
'Being ‘normal’ is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage!'

'Loving you is the most exquisite form of self destruction'...
solongleonard
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: complete the poem.....(Haiku)

Postby solongleonard » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:43 am

Recline on the bench
decline park keeper’s offer
and keep off the grass



Thank you for playing, Karren. I remember when poetry flourished here and now the posts either die or are dier.
The fresh faced may not get it and Old Geezers are past it.

here's to the new
who may not get what we do
and the oldies who don't even care
User avatar
tom.d.stiller
Posts: 1202
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:18 am
Location: ... between the lines ...

Re: complete the poem.....(Haiku)

Postby tom.d.stiller » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:02 am

Recline on the bench
decline park keeper’s offer
and keep off the grass

and keep off the grass.
the fool in spring dares tread where
angels fear to rush.

Yes, there were times when the bees were busy and the biz was buzzy around here.
solongleonard
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: complete the poem.....(Haiku)

Postby solongleonard » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Angels fear to tread
out of pearly Bill Gates then
iCloud windows crash

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests