No one knows

And they laugh
At bingo & lotto
Stone Yeshu'a
William Wallace
They whip Kinte

Now,
They fall at my feet
'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer' - Albert Camus
solongleonard

The Chiropody Convention

Post by solongleonard »

This is a case of an accidental double post and one can not delete the second, (nor the original). I feel devastated by this software deficiency. Many of you get direct notification of any new post by me. Whether you receive a telephone call from Jarkko alerting you, or you have heard the news on Television, the common practice is to set time aside to prepare yourself for my wisdom, and plot an Event at a later time when you have invited friends, and those members of the family to whom you still speak,around and you have all become drunky.

On this occasion, due to the software deficiency, you discover that my post is not original but a copy ; an "accidental double post", as a brilliant guru type geezer once brilliantly described it.

I am fill-up depressed by this extraordinary turn of cliches and, were I an humble person, I would now offer you my top fake sincerity and mumble summat humble.

Last edited by solongleonard on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 174 times in total.

Last edited by solongleonard on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 233 times in total

Last edited by solongleonard on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 8times in total

Last edited by solongleonard on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 8231 times in total

Last edited by solongleonard on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 2.8 times in total

Last edited by Geoffrey on Monday Sep 11, 1912 11.05 am, edited 1 times in total

Last edited by LisaLCfan on Fisday Ant 34rd, 830 BC 24.73 A.M. edretood 5% tins in tittle

Last edited in green ink by Rosemary on Friday afternoon next week at morning, edited 34 thymes in tipple

List Dietred yb Sobs no Tuesnight Ced 70, 19.00 Reddit 1111111111 miets ni lotat
Last edited by solongleonard on Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 20 times in total.
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Re: The Chiropody Convention

Post by solongleonard »

solongleonard wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:07 pm it's his feet
any time people meet
Boss
it's his feet they care about

At the Chiropody Convention
he sought attention
for his poetry
and introduced himself as
an aesthete
but they cared only about his feet
giving barely a toss - about our Hero, Boss

Special offers of two toes
for one
or a single soulo
he'el ne'er be content
until they praise his writing and quick mind
instead he will find they only adore and adulate his leg extensions

They fall at his left footee
and call him a right Kinte

PS I know it's not very funny but I had less than 10 minutes to jot something affectionate down for you, whilst simultaneously I was painting Leonard Cohen, which was probably morally wrong as I had no formal permission to retrieve his body, but Geoffrey has gone on a long holiday so I felt it was a matter of duty.

PPS Happy Sukkot everyone
Last edited by solongleonard on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Re: Over Falling

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:07 pmPS I know it's not very funny but I had less than 10 minutes to jot something affectionate down for you, whilst simultaneously I was painting Leonard Cohen, which was probably morally wrong as I had no formal permission to retrieve his body, but Geoffrey has gone on a long holiday so I felt it was a matter of duty.
"Not very funny"? -- I object! Your affectionate jotting is, contrary to your humble assertions, a very good tickle for the funny-bone! One requires that from time to time to maintain good mental and physical health, or so I've read.

(Nice to see you around again!)
Boss

Post by Boss »

It is 'nice'. Seems like the whole world's gone mad -

but you, mate x
'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer' - Albert Camus
LisaLCFan

Re: The Calamitous Convention

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote:Many of you get direct notification of any new post by me. Whether you receive a telephone call from Jarkko alerting you, or you have heard the news on Television, the common practice is to set time aside to prepare yourself for my wisdom, and plot an Event at a later time when you have invited friends, and those members of the family to whom you still speak, around and you have all become drunky.

Actually, because you are a British Subject, and because I live in a Commonwealth country, every time you make a new post, I receive a telegram (delivered by a carrier pigeon) from the Governor General of Canada (who is the Queen's representative here), alerting me to the momentous occasion. If the GG is busy, sometimes the Prime Minister (of Canada or the UK) will perform this important duty.

The rest of your description is completely accurate.

solongleonard wrote:This is a case of an accidental double post and one can not delete the second, (nor the original). I feel devastated by this software deficiency.

You feel devastated? It was with utmost excitement that I recently received two such notifications in quick succession, only to be bitterly disappointed that the second was merely an erroneous double post. It is hard to fathom the resulting depth of my pain. I tried to hide it in my previous post, although I am sure that my anguish must have been apparent even through this most impersonal medium of communication. It was very diplomatic of you not to have mentioned it.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

This post offers up a guide to the world's most illogical junkies, the ones most likely to bribe the parasitic with the earnings of the productive. If I've missed some ill-bred New Age dead-ender who truly deserves inclusion, my sincerest apologies. The nub of what I intend to say here is that we should not concern ourselves with Mr. Adam Boss's putative virtue or vice. Rather, we should concern ourselves with our own welfare and with the fact that there's a lot of daylight between Mr. Boss's views and mine. He believes that we should avoid personal responsibility while I think that if he can't be reasoned out of his prejudices, he must be laughed out of them. If he can't be argued out of his selfishness, he must be shamed out of it.

Mr. Boss will probably throw another hissy fit if we don't let him paint pictures of vilipensive worlds inhabited by simple-minded, biased misosophists. At least putting up with another Adam Boss hissy fit is easier than convincing Mr. Boss's protégés that Mr. Boss's malefic apocrisiaries fundamentally believe that if Mr. Boss kicks us in the teeth we'll then lick his toes and beg for another kick. Alas, this deeply held belief is fiction from start to finish. Every piece of evidence I can find makes it abundantly clear that I, not being one of the many blowsy clunks of this world, can't make heads or tails of Mr. Boss's bunco games. I mean, does he want to pilfer the national treasure, or doesn't he? In the midst of our mighty struggle to exercise due diligence in exposing the shaky foundations upon which Mr. Boss's diabolic doctrines are bulwarked, I have seen too many people stand on the sidelines and mouth pious irrelevancies and sanctimonious trivialities. I have watched too many people accept without challenge Mr. Boss's superstitious, predaceous claim that disrespectful champions of deceit, lies, theft, plunder, and rapine and the most niddering wretches you'll ever see should rule this country. And I have observed too many people fail to realize that Mr. Boss insists that lots of people want him to work hand-in-glove with lascivious patrioteers. I don't know about you, but I have never met such people. I don’t even know who they are. But I do know that Mr. Boss's memoirs all stem from one, simple, faulty premise, that everything he says is completely and totally true.

Does Mr. Boss do research before he reports things, or does he just guess and hope he's right? The reason I ask is that Mr. Boss proclaims that coercion in the name of liberty is a valid use of state power. Whether that's true or not, his evidence is corrupted by a vast amount of nonsense and outright fraud. Before we can further discuss Mr. Boss's claim we must acknowledge that Mr. Boss at first mainly suggested ripping off everyone and his brother. He then proposed delivering the atrocities of Jacobinism to the world. More recently, however, Mr. Boss indicated he intends to introduce ultracrepidarianism into our communities and into our country. Where does this stop? This can be answered most easily by stating that Mr. Boss's claims will have consequences—very serious consequences. We ought to begin doing something about that. We ought to acquire the input of a representative cross-section of the community in a non-threatening, inclusive environment. We ought to spread the word that if he gets his way, I might very well lose my temper.

I'd like to remind you of something. One of the great leaders of our time recently made this statement: “Mr. Boss's dissertations are sheer idiocy.” I confess to similar sentiments, but there's always the chance that a person who wants to get ahead should try to understand the long-range consequences of his/her actions. Mr. Boss has never had that faculty. He always does what he wants to do at the moment and figures he'll be able to lie himself out of any problems that arise. Unfortunately, most people have been so brainwashed by his shrewish arguments that when push comes to shove they'll end up siding with Mr. Boss. That's why we must reveal the constant tension between centripetal and centrifugal forces of dialogized heteroglossia resulting from his editorials.

Were he alive today, Hideki Tojo would be Mr. Boss's most trustworthy ally. I can see Tojo joining forces with Mr. Boss to help him treat traditional values as if they were incomprehensible crimes. His bons mots have merged with nativism in several interesting ways. Both spring from the same kind of reality-denying mentality. Both conspire with evil. And both devastate vast acres of precious farmland. I have seen and heard enough. Now it is time to encourage opportunity, responsibility, and community.

Mr. Boss is trapped in a vicious cycle. The more opposition to his missives he faces, the more raving he becomes. The more raving he becomes, the more opposition to his missives he faces. Mr. Boss's offhand remarks are so naive that if allowed to go unanswered, their final cost would be incalculable. While freely conceding that Mr. Boss is unable to empathize with the pain of his victims, I personally do aver that we've all heard his pontifical pronouncement that it is not only acceptable but indeed desirable to put acrasial twits on the federal payroll. Obviously, that conclusion is based on unconfirmed gossip, questionably-sourced reports, and blatant speculation, but it's also the case that those who wish to intensify or perpetuate corporatism follow a fairly predictable game plan. This plan comprises three distinct but related steps:

Cultivate an unhealthy sense of victimhood;
Focus too much on one side of the equation and not enough on the broader perspective of things; and, finally,
Let the most snotty cult leaders I've ever seen serve as our overlords.
The significance of this approach is that Mr. Boss might have been in a lethargic state of autointoxication when he said that his jeers won't be used for political retribution. More likely, perhaps, is that Mr. Boss's most progressive idea is to submerge us in a sea of blackguardism. If that sounds progressive to you, you must be facing the wrong way.

Reasonable expectation dictates that Mr. Boss would never support those for whom hatred has become a way of life. Reasonable expectation, however, is regularly disappointed. In point of fact, Mr. Boss isn't just attacking me. He's attacking all of the decent people of all backgrounds who believe that he has never satisfactorily proved his assertion that the media should “create” news rather than report it. He has merely justified that assertion with the phrase, “Because I said so.” Someone has to be willing to analyze Mr. Boss's circulars in the manner of sociological studies of mass communication and persuasion. Even if it's not polite to do so. Even if it hurts a lot of people's feelings. Even if everyone else is pretending that antipluralism forms the core of any utopian society.

Mr. Boss's unhinged, deplorable jobations contain a supraliminal echo of extremism, which is another way of saying that today, we might have let Mr. Boss attack the very fabric of this nation. Tomorrow, we won't. Instead, we will issue a call to conscience and reason. He has been compromising the free and open nature of public discourse. In response, we must take the inevitable action: standing as a witness in the divine court of the Eternal Judge and proclaiming that there is a special place in hell for those who peonize and enslave Mr. Boss's castigators. Will that be difficult? Perhaps. But Mr. Boss has recently stated that depraved crackpots are easily housebroken. Such statements, like his earlier writings and pronouncements, are a contemptible insult to all decent and feeling people.

I support those who devote their life to education and activism. It is through their tireless efforts that people everywhere are learning that I am interested in facts, not in paregoric for Mr. Boss's confreres. Am I being unduly harsh for writing that? I think not. When the religious leaders in Jesus's time were wrong, Jesus denounced them in extremely harsh terms. So why shouldn't I, too, use extremely harsh terms to indicate that Mr. Boss has done inestimable damage to everything around him?

On balance, the practice of creating massive civil unrest is argumentative and bilious. Still, the central paradox of Mr. Boss's monographs, the twist that makes Mr. Boss's revenge fantasies so irresistible to filthy meanies, is that these people truly believe that intellectually challenged, sneaky litterbugs are all inherently good, sensitive, creative, and inoffensive. There's always been suffering in the world, and wrongs have been and will continue to be committed. If you doubt this, just ask around. A final note: I have had enough of Mr. Adam Boss's polyloquent rejoinders.
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Re: The Calamitous Convention

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:54 pm
solongleonard wrote:Many of you get direct notification of any new post by me. Whether you receive a telephone call from Jarkko alerting you, or you have heard the news on Television, the common practice is to set time aside to prepare yourself for my wisdom, and plot an Event at a later time when you have invited friends, and those members of the family to whom you still speak, around and you have all become drunky.

Actually, because you are a British Subject, and because I live in a Commonwealth country, every time you make a new post, I receive a telegram (delivered by a carrier pigeon) from the Governor General of Canada (who is the Queen's representative here), alerting me to the momentous occasion. If the GG is busy, sometimes the Prime Minister (of Canada or the UK) will perform this important duty.

The rest of your description is completely accurate.

solongleonard wrote:This is a case of an accidental double post and one can not delete the second, (nor the original). I feel devastated by this software deficiency.

You feel devastated? It was with utmost excitement that I recently received two such notifications in quick succession, only to be bitterly disappointed that the second was merely an erroneous double post. It is hard to fathom the resulting depth of my pain. I tried to hide it in my previous post, although I am sure that my anguish must have been apparent even through this most impersonal medium of communication. It was very diplomatic of you not to have mentioned it.

Yes
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Re: Overflowing

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:34 pm This post offers up a guide ...

I always enjoy a prodigious paroxysm of sesquipedalian loquaciousness.
Boss

Post by Boss »

Thank you so very much...
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:46 pm
solongleonard wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:34 pm This post offers up a guide ...

I always enjoy a prodigious paroxysm of sesquipedalian loquaciousness.
you like a nice dance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3KBuQHHKx0

at 1min 20 secs
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote:you like a nice dance?

To quote one of the more eloquent interlocutors who frequents this particular sector of cyberspace, "Yes."
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:00 pm
solongleonard wrote:you like a nice dance?

To quote one of the more eloquent interlocutors who frequents this particular sector of cyberspace, "Yes."

Had you taken time to conduct due diligence you would have realised that your Act of Plagiarism is a clear "humungo breacho of coprighto". Your actions constitute a fragrant Scandalatum Magnatum .

The fact that an alleged "more eloquent interlocutor" shared his artistic presentation of his fully copyrighted word "Yes" gives you no sodding right at all to pass of that Original Work as if it was yours.

All actions are subject to Judgment, yours is a disgrace. Lost in losing circumstances, that's just where you are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYJRNeRt9IU
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:14 pm Had you taken time to conduct due diligence you would have realised that your Act of Plagiarism is a clear "humungo breacho of copyrighto". Your actions constitute a fragrant Scandalatum Magnatum .

The fact that an alleged "more eloquent interlocutor" shared his artistic presentation of his fully copyrighted word "Yes" gives you no sodding right at all to pass off that Original Work as if it was yours.

Dear solong,

Technically, I did not pass it off as if it were my own, because I explicitly stated that I was quoting someone else. Nevertheless, you are absolutely correct to identify my egregiously negligent post as an Act of Plagiarism in the strict sense (which, really, is something that I ought to know about better than most!), thus constituting a humungo breacho of copyrighto. However, I am relying upon your kind and understanding nature, imploring you to resist initiating any further reprimands and/or legal action against me regarding this particular matter. In my humble attempts at making amends, I hereby provide a full and formal citation, fully aware that it is woefully after the fact (I hope that you accept MLA style, otherwise, APA, Chicago, or Vancouver Manual of Style citations can be provided upon request):

solongleonard. “Over Falling: The Calamitous Convention.” 9 October 2017, 10:34 pm. http://leonardcohenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=37676. Accessed 11 October 2017, 8:00 pm.

As for the fragrant nature of my Scandalatum Magnatum (I do adore it when you speak exotic/foreign languages!), it was nice of you to notice that I've been trying out a new scent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6ajz49Ncq4

With sincerest apologies for my transgressions, I remain,
L

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”