lc2.jpg
I commissioned these for the Fans Event on Hydra in 2002
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Re: Old cartoons

Post by LisaLCFan »

I think that the cartoonist who created these did not really "get" Leonard Cohen (nor his "fans"), or perhaps he was being deliberately ironic by representing stereotypes that we in-the-know know to be false!
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:05 pm I think that the cartoonist who created these did not really "get" Leonard Cohen (nor his "fans"), or perhaps he was being deliberately ironic by representing stereotypes that we in-the-know know to be false!
2 different cartoonists and each playing to the stereotypes, that much is true. But the "Dance Me" one, my favourite of the 3, always seemed to me that it showed the "depth", the "endurance", of our affection to the Man. No misery in that one. The 'toons , as you can imagine, bring back very happy memories for me of the Event, including giving them as a surprise gift to Jarkko at the close.

Another point is that whilst I protect Leonard's reputation in any conversation, the Man was so witty and never dull, I think he might have liked the 'toons playing up to that false image.
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Indeed, to all you said! I wasn't being critical -- just making an observation! Cheers!
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:38 pm Indeed, to all you said! I wasn't being critical -- just making an observation! Cheers!

of course! and Cheers to you, Miss, from your favourite teetotaller
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”