Addressing a dead person

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

Addressing a dead person

Post by Geoffrey »

Vicomte post wrote:Good point Geoffrey, I see almost daily people on Facebook wishing their parents (or friends) Happy Birthday and the poor souls have long passed on. So really not sure "Happy" is the right word......other than that, how will they manage to read Facebook?

Anytime am I missing Leonard, I have albums, CD's and DVD's to play and watch to remember him by.
yes, it is indeed bizarre to see people addressing a dead person, but one can understand why they might do so. it is a form of denial, a way of refusing to believe that the deceased person really is forever gone. people will ignore common sense, avoid facing logic, deny the laws of physics, anything rather than accept what has actually happened - and religion makes a pretty penny from this. i have seen people in prayer, talking to themselves, putting their hard-earned money into a collection box, and i think of matthew mcconaughey when he says "i think it's safe to say that nobody here is gonna be splittin' the atom, marty!"
solongleonard

Re: Addressing a dead person

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey. Geoffrey. GEOFFREY. HELLO!!!!
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

i am at airport waiting on a friend to arrive. i'll write soon as i get time.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:54 pm i am at airport waiting on a friend to arrive. i'll write soon as i get time.

so happy you are alive! I was shouting and got no response. Happy New Year to my dear friend and Star of this Forum

yesterday I watched the great youtube clip of the former Chief Rabbi talking about Leonard's last album. Have you watched the clip?
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

complete chaos here right now, cant see any end to it. yes im alive but seen no video of a rabbi -g
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:07 pm complete chaos here right now, cant see any end to it. yes im alive but seen no video of a rabbi -g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s3kQSZ_Qxk
THEY MUST LEAD
dar

Post by dar »

Thanks for the link. I always imagine you somewhere between songs of love and hate and death of a ladies man. I'm never sure if you mean what you say or they say that you're mean. But you've never attacked this old woman. Thank G-d, because you're so good at it.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

dar wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:43 am Thanks for the link. I always imagine you somewhere between songs of love and hate and death of a ladies man. I'm never sure if you mean what you say or they say that you're mean. But you've never attacked this old woman. Thank G-d, because you're so good at it.
Hello Dar, I presume you are addressing Geoffrey. Although I have no formal contract to speak on his behalf, over the years we have reached an understanding that I deal with words and he deals with Mohammed Ali sketches. Fulfilling my role I now beg forgiveness on his behalf if he has been unkind. I hope you can let it go by. If he has been untrue
I hope you know it was never to you.

There is almost no chance Geoffrey would ever attack you as he rarely leaves Sweden these days, where he lives in an isolated log cabin in the very centre of the Capital, Zurich.

Best of luck

Solong
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

dear solong. i am going through a phase with a lot of people in my home 24/7, making it difficult both to paint and to respond to internet messages. when/if circumstances become less hectic i hope to catch up. until then, please know that your interest in my work and person is appreciated.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Do you have any idea yet when you will again post?
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:31 am Do you have any idea yet when you will again post?
well, many trips between toulon and marsielle, but good to see relatives. am now back home for a while. have booked a room in november at paris' mercure hotel, adjacent to the gare de lyon. from there it is easy to catch a train back down to the south, to sète. the plan is a 2-day boat to tangier (i never fly). my youngest daughter lives in rabat, is due to have her 3rd child in january, but i also have family and friends in casablanca, ceuta and marrakesh. no idea when or if i'll return, and it's unlikely i'll be online while away - but i won't forget your friendship.

i know how much my posts mean to everyone, how disappointment kicks down the door into peoples' emotions when they log in and discover that there is nothing new from geoffrey. it's as if i am surrounded by sufferers of the oliver twist syndrome, people holding up their plates, always wanting more no matter how much i give. every stick of charcoal i buy contains a hundred faces, and i share them willingly amongst those who starve - but sometimes i need a holiday. like jesus says to his disciples in matt 26:11 "the poor will always be with you, but you will not always have me!"
vlcoats

Post by vlcoats »

Geoffry-
Don't know you at all and have only seen a couple of your posts (being new to the forum), but in lieu of being able to click 'like' or even better the 'laugh' emoticon, I am compelled to say that your post cracked me up!
Carry on,
Vickie

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”