this can't be me, must be my double

This is for your own works!!!
solongleonard
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: this can't be me, must be my double

Postby solongleonard » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:47 pm

HugoD wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:30 am
I am honored by your generosity to let me participate in this section and humbly await the final approval. But that can only be a matter of time. You’re endorsements will help for sure to convince all the other member.

I can not promise to be a regular contributor but I can promise to be a regular reader and appreciate the posts for what they are.
Thank you for your fine response, Provisional Member Hugo. You have taken a very different approach to Geoffrey who invariably changes the subject when he is the centre of attention or the topic under discussion. He suffers a crippling lack of confidence, probably caused by his disastrous record in the Eurovision Song Contest, followed by his disastrous Album and disastrous Box Set.

As we read in Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway_in ... ng_Contest
"Norway has the two dubious distinctions of having finished last in the Eurovision final more than any other country and for having the most "nul points" (zero points) in the contest. The country has finished last eleven times, failing to score a point four times, in 1963, 1978, 1981 and 1997."

Geoffrey was of course the drummer in 1963 when the Norwegian entry was "I like a nice piece of Cod for my breakfast every morning ", the Lead Ukulele player in 1978 for their entry "I like a nice piece of Cod for my Tea every afternoon", the backing Chorus for the 1981 entry "I like a nice piece of Cod for my dinner every night, excluding Tuesday", and in 1997 who can forget his glorious Kazoo solo on "I can't pretend any more, the truth is I fucking hate Cod".
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2338
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: this can't be me, must be my double

Postby Geoffrey » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:35 pm

solongleonard wrote:You have taken a very different approach to Geoffrey who invariably changes the subject when he is the centre of attention or the topic under discussion.
ok, this time the subject will not be changed, although there are probably people who like having it changed. let us think of this little acre as having no borders, as there are already enough restrictions in life to keep servile people happy. imagine if we all constantly endeavoured to construct an oasis where no barbed wire fences, sheepdogs or black marias were needed. imagine this being a sanctuary for slaves who have picked the locks on their handcuffs and escaped the confinements of normality. people who like rules tend to be all the same, while people who don't like rules tend to be all different. those who prefer the latter are those who tend to change the subject, something that was not done on this occasion.
solongleonard
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Adult film starring Geoffrey and underage sheepdogs

Postby solongleonard » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:15 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:35 pm
solongleonard wrote:You have taken a very different approach to Geoffrey who invariably changes the subject when he is the centre of attention or the topic under discussion.
ok, this time the subject will not be changed, although there are probably people who like having it changed. let us think of this little acre as having no borders, as there are already enough restrictions in life to keep servile people happy. imagine if we all constantly endeavoured to construct an oasis where no barbed wire fences, sheepdogs or black marias were needed. imagine this being a sanctuary for slaves who have picked the locks on their handcuffs and escaped the confinements of normality. people who like rules tend to be all the same, while people who don't like rules tend to be all different. those who prefer the latter are those who tend to change the subject, something that was not done on this occasion.
I meant the subject of discussion not the formal subject heading. The latter is there for inventive amendment and I am happy to help you if your creative castle deserts you once more. I wish you happines sand joy. Sayonharah Desert.
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2338
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: Adult film starring Geoffrey and underage sheepdogs

Postby Geoffrey » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:17 pm

solongleonard wrote:I meant the subject of discussion not the formal subject heading. The latter is there for inventive amendment and I am happy to help you if your creative castle deserts you once more. I wish you happines sand joy. Sayonharah Desert.
would you like me to write a little about how we got this far, from a personal angle? just say yes or no. if you say yes, i will expect you to do the same.
solongleonard
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: Adult film starring Geoffrey and underage sheepdogs

Postby solongleonard » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:17 pm
solongleonard wrote:I meant the subject of discussion not the formal subject heading. The latter is there for inventive amendment and I am happy to help you if your creative castle deserts you once more. I wish you happines sand joy. Sayonharah Desert.
would you like me to write a little about how we got this far, from a personal angle? just say yes or no. if you say yes, i will expect you to do the same.
If you mean how we got this far in Life ("The Story of 2 Genetic Freaks") sure, go ahead.

If you mean this thread, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I will, as ever, read your work with benign and affectionate patronage. I can nae do no reply tonight ma wee friend, as I'm full to burstin' wiv tiredness I could however reciprothingy in the morn', 'ere I put my cows out to graze, whilst the sheep still gambol and the Bad Boys in Town still gamble, in other words I can write abaht 10 to 1 and those are good odds indeed. If you are playing The Favorite Game, you can count on me. Ett ärr är vad som uppstår när ordet blir kött.
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2338
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: this can't be me, must be my double

Postby Geoffrey » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:35 am

listen, changed my mind, so don't you be worrying about none of that right now, ya hear? good lad! :-)
napkin.jpg
dar
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:53 am

Re: this can't be me, must be my double

Postby dar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:02 am

What's the score??
User avatar
LisaLCFan
Posts: 1477
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Horror Film about solongleonard and Geoffrey

Postby LisaLCFan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:12 am

solongleonard wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:would you like me to write a little about how we got this far, from a personal angle?

If you mean how we got this far in Life ("The Story of 2 Genetic Freaks") sure, go ahead.

Actually, your life story is more well-known under its alternate title, "Dead Ringers". I thought that David Cronenberg did an excellent job with his biographical treatment of your lives (although, I have to admit, Jeremy Irons is much better looking than either of you!).
solongleonard
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

How the Stars got their names

Postby solongleonard » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:44 am

LisaLCFan wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:12 am
solongleonard wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:would you like me to write a little about how we got this far, from a personal angle?

If you mean how we got this far in Life ("The Story of 2 Genetic Freaks") sure, go ahead.

Actually, your life story is more well-known under its alternate title, "Dead Ringers". I thought that David Cronenberg did an excellent job with his biographical treatment of your lives (although, I have to admit, Jeremy Irons is much better looking than either of you!).

I used to share student digs with Jezza, (as he was known in the Young Offenders institution where we had first met) and the arrangements held for over 3 months before we had a massive bust-up about domestic chores. The Landlord threatened we would be ejected which was quite scary as we were then travelling in a light aircraft over Bermuda. Mr Rentdude shouted, "either you 2 behave properly or you are f***ing out of here!"Well, neither of us liked fishing anyway so we decided to reconcile and Rentdude dictated how it would be in future. " It will be ok Solong you cook, and Jeremy Irons".
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2338
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: How the Stars got their names

Postby Geoffrey » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:53 am

i've just woken up to a perfect day. morning has broken, stable boys are breaking in horses, beggars with broken backs have their hands out saying they're broke, worms are breaking the soil, kids are breakdancing, thieves are breaking into houses through broken windows as the owners watch 'breaking bad' and 'brokeback mountain', drivers with broken hearts are breaking down as they brake at the stop sign, i have broken a couple of eggs and am now eating breakfast - so give me a break.
https://youtu.be/ibY39pNfz2U
-------------------------------------------
when you come to the end of a perfect day
and you sit alone with your thought
while the chimes ring out with a carol gay
for the joy that the day has brought
do you think what the end of a perfect day
can mean to a tired heart
when the sun goes down with a flaming ray
and the dear friends have to part?

well, this is the end of a perfect day
near the end of a journey, too -
but it leaves a thought that is big and strong
with a wish that is kind and true.
for memory has painted this perfect day
with colours that never fade
and we find at the end of a perfect day
the soul of a friend we've made.
solongleonard
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

A foolish consistency

Postby solongleonard » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:35 am
listen, changed my mind, so don't you be worrying about none of that right now, ya hear? good lad! :-)
napkin.jpg
I truly forgive your betrayal of your solemn promise, for it remains one of my fav quotes that which Ralph Waldo Emerson Lake & Palmer famously said
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2338
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: A foolish constituency

Postby Geoffrey » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:22 pm

oh, that sounds jolly interesting. i have much respect for all of those people.
what is the quotation to which you refer?
solongleonard
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: A foolish constituency Member of Parliament and Never the Twine Shall Meet. Also Leonard showing off

Postby solongleonard » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:22 pm
oh, that sounds jolly interesting. i have much respect for all of those people.
what is the quotation to which you refer?


Tory MP for Penrith and Borders says he was trying to highlight issue of poverty


He has braved Indonesia, Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan, but the Conservative MP Rory Stewart will need to draw on his diplomatic rather than military experience to calm the furore he provoked by describing parts of his Cumbria constituency as "pretty primitive".

The Eton-educated ex-soldier and former Foreign Office official, who represents Penrith and the Borders, has admitted he was "extremely foolish" to describe some of his constituents as "people holding up their trousers with bits of twine".


His comments were blatantly twinist. Voters in his Parliamentary constituency were shocked to hear his disgraceful comments. Entrusted with the seat, there to do good and serve his electorate - instead he attacks their trousers. What the hell was he playing with? In his dreams, what was he playing with inside their trousers? Rory Stewart is now a discredited politician. When interviewed on BBC about his dreadful faux pas of strides, he blamed the DNA of his ancestors, saying "I just couldn't keep my Member in, I blame my inherited Jeans".


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 35419.html


In the 1977 Montreal concert by Emerson , Lake and Palmer, you can see Leonard Cohen's famous Guest Appearance, "blowing his own trumpet" in his home city at 17 seconds in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMuePyV1nr8
mrnizeguy
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Re: this can't be me, must be my double

Postby mrnizeguy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:23 am

I guess everyone is familiar with this song.
Leonard slay this song.

Now, you can say that I've grown bitter but of this you may be sure
The rich have got their channels in the bedrooms of the poor
And there's a mighty judgment coming, but I may be wrong
You see, you hear these funny voices in the Tower of Song
I see you standing on the other side
I don't know how the river got so wide
I loved you baby, way back when
And all the bridges are burning that we might have crossed
But I feel so close to everything that we lost
We'll never, we'll never have to lose it again

https://ponbee.com/short-quotes/
As far as I understand on his song. It's a motivational song to reach a certain goal in life.
He's talking to someone who achieves his dreams and fame in life.
solongleonard
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: this can't be me, must be my double

Postby solongleonard » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:12 am

mrnizeguy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:23 am
I guess everyone is familiar with this song.
Leonard slay this song.

Now, you can say that I've grown bitter but of this you may be sure
The rich have got their channels in the bedrooms of the poor
And there's a mighty judgment coming, but I may be wrong
You see, you hear these funny voices in the Tower of Song
I see you standing on the other side
I don't know how the river got so wide
I loved you baby, way back when
And all the bridges are burning that we might have crossed
But I feel so close to everything that we lost
We'll never, we'll never have to lose it again

https://ponbee.com/short-quotes/
As far as I understand on his song. It's a motivational song to reach a certain goal in life.
He's talking to someone who achieves his dreams and fame in life.

I know a lot about Leonard Cohen and unless he has written this track in the last month, I am afraid an imposter is 'avin' you on. Lenny has ne'er' written dem threads. That is Our Geoffrey at it again.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests