Holding It Together

This is for your own works!!!
solongleonard

Re: Holding It Together

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:15 pm
solongleonard wrote:...I understand that you may not know Frank's classical work...
I had only vaguely recalled that Zappa wrote some classical music, and so I am glad that you've mentioned it, because I am always interested in hearing "new" classical works. I've just briefly listened to a bit of the links you provided, but it is very interesting stuff -- definitely worth more than just a quick listen! Thanks!
No, thank you
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

solongleonard wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:31 pm
LisaLCFan wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:15 pm
solongleonard wrote:...I understand that you may not know Frank's classical work...
I had only vaguely recalled that Zappa wrote some classical music, and so I am glad that you've mentioned it, because I am always interested in hearing "new" classical works. I've just briefly listened to a bit of the links you provided, but it is very interesting stuff -- definitely worth more than just a quick listen! Thanks!
No, thank you

Today is such a good day. I found 2 pairs of missing glasses, and one car key. what timing. I lost these all in the last few weeks and had booked an optician appointment for Monday. Replacements would have cost about £600. The lost Volvo car key would have reduced the price I should attain on Tuesday when I sell it. I have my small Audi now, goodbye big (unnecessary) Swedish t'ing. The glasses were in different bags, ones I had searched several times. The key was in a leather boot, (she had missed my head by a few inches), again I had searched, turned it upside down and shaken it.

Friday was a good day as well. The time before I had met with my oldest and dearest friend we had lunch and the waitress (tactful, hmm?) right in front of him said all sorts of crazy lovely things to me. Then, directly to him, "but your friend I find so attractive". Those compliments were hardly expected, but made me feel good and 38 years younger.

A few weeks then pass and a few miles away in a different restaurant, my friend and I meet again. We each choose spaghetti bolognaise, hardly fancy. This time a waitress brings the bowls and I say, "which one is the better one?" (oh, such wit), and she replies "the one I give you of course". Now I am curious/tickled and I pay by card at the end of our meal. I put it in her machine, she touches my fingers throughout this not very complicated process. I pull it out and as I do so she grips my fingers.

Finally, as Ray and I leave together she calls across the other customers,staring straight at me, "do come again". I reply "yes, I will". She then calls "that will be really nice".

What the hell is happening? Life is weird and sometimes amusing as well.
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote:...What the hell is happening? ...
I can answer that question, but I fear that doing so will burst your bubble, and I know how fragile your ego can be. However, I think that it is important for "friends" to be honest with one another, and so here goes: as much as you may wish to believe that it is your handsome good looks and charming personality that are causing these waitresses to swoon like school-girls in your presence, the truth of the matter is that they are Leonard Cohen Forum regulars, they have recognised you from this thread, and what they are really after is your collection of Frank Zappa albums.

I am sorry to be the one to have to break it to you.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Frank pointed out that the universe consists of 5% protons, 5% neutrons, 5% electrons and 85% morons.What a deluded fool I was, how absurd that I imagined otherwise than one more thin waitress thief was after my Waka Jawaka https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4TYrorThxo
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:54 amFrank pointed out that the universe consists of 5% protons, 5% neutrons, 5% electrons and 85% morons...
Which one was he?

I would be a either a proton or a neutron, depending on my mood.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Lisa - please don't be a po-jama people. All you need to know about fake people, fake news, and Life Generally, revealed to you 42 years ago by Uncle Frank. And a great (non-classical guitar passage mid-song)

The pyjama people are boring me to pieces
They make me feel like I am wasting my time
They all got flannel up 'n down 'em
A little trap-door back aroun' 'em
An' some cozy little footies on their mind

and when it comes down to it

Some people's hot
Some people's cold
Some people's not very
Swift to behold
Some people do it
Some see right through it
Some wear pyjamas
If only they knew it
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Bennyboy wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:14 am Glad you all enjoyed it.
this area of the forum is by far the most active, the most popular, creative and intellectual of all sections - even though no morsel of praise makes a journey to these quarters. our undiluted witty and imaginative contributions seem to inhabit the webmaster's blind spot. fine examples of musical compositions, literature or art remain uncelebrated. they may never be openly perceived by the upper echelon as noteworthy donations to the cause, but indifference is often the wages of those who work in the wings. nevertheless, we humbly realise that we are the crème de la crème of human excellence, that we have fixed a motor onto the webmaster's go-kart. thanks to us, leonard's website has become a snare for the daylight, encouraging the formal and dusty climate in here to become infested with joyful frivolity - with shovelfuls of sunshine heaped upon these rotting floorboards. down here in the cellar of his internet home we have quietly built a life support system that ensures the survival of his name. many a time i have posted messages here that have been overlooked, or stamped upon by the feet of a passing neanderthal, yet i rejoice in the mere privilege of being amongst the many thinking participants. so i implore you, put aside your sarcasm, put aside negative egoism and the importance of personal pursuits - and rise to play a greater part.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 am
Bennyboy wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:14 am Glad you all enjoyed it.
this area of the forum is by far the most active, the most popular, creative and intellectual of all sections - even though no morsel of praise makes a journey to these quarters. our undiluted witty and imaginative contributions seem to inhabit the webmaster's blind spot. fine examples of musical compositions, literature or art remain uncelebrated. they may never be openly perceived by the upper echelon as noteworthy donations to the cause, but indifference is often the wages of those who work in the wings. nevertheless, we humbly realise that we are the crème de la crème of human excellence, that we have fixed a motor onto the webmaster's go-kart. thanks to us, leonard's website has become a snare for the daylight, encouraging the formal and dusty climate in here to become infested with joyful frivolity - with shovelfuls of sunshine heaped upon these rotting floorboards. down here in the cellar of his internet home we have quietly built a life support system that ensures the survival of his name. many a time i have posted messages here that have been overlooked, or stamped upon by the feet of a passing neanderthal, yet i rejoice in the mere privilege of being amongst the many thinking participants. so i implore you, put aside your sarcasm, put aside negative egoism and the importance of personal pursuits - and rise to play a greater part.

That's Fighting Talk where I come from
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Re: Holding It Together. however

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote:However determined your unhealthy, completely stuck yet understandable, long distance masochistic attraction be to that notorious non-killer, Amanda, . . .
it was an intriguing case, though i feel you have little evidence to support any claim that my interest is unhealthy. like many people i read about crime and missing people; holloway/van der sloot, madeleine mccann, hatton garden, claudia lawrence, etc. sex and money are the parents of crime, while religion hides beneath a cassock of indecency. show me a man with his nose in the air and i'll show you a man with food stains glowing on his shirt under ultraviolet light. it's all about power; the synagogue, the church, the mosque - milking sheds where wallets are relieved of their cargo. rabbis, priests, imams fleecing the flock like sheep shearers, saving them from the root of all evil.

"hey, krantz, listen to this. FUCK GOD!" breavman has never heard his own voice so pure - the air is a microphone".
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:35 am
solongleonard wrote:However determined your unhealthy, completely stuck yet understandable, long distance masochistic attraction be to that notorious non-killer, Amanda, . . .
it was an intriguing case, though i feel you have little evidence to support any claim that my interest is unhealthy. like many people i read about crime and missing people; holloway/van der sloot, madeleine mccann, hatton garden, claudia lawrence, etc. sex and money are the parents of crime, while religion hides beneath a cassock of indecency. show me a man with his nose in the air and i'll show you a man with food stains glowing on his shirt under ultraviolet light. it's all about power; the synagogue, the church, the mosque - milking sheds where wallets are relieved of their cargo. rabbits, priests, imams fleecing the flock like sheep shearers, saving them from the root of all evil.

"hey, krantz, listen to this. FUCK GOD!" breavman has never heard his own voice so pure - the air is a microphone".

what the hell have rabbits got to do with this. they really don't deserve to be on your list. I hope you will have the decency to apologise to Flopsy and her 8 children

Disgusted of London

9 children
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

10 children
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

15 children! She only went and adopted 5 of the bunny kids next door. Like she doesn't have enough of her own. She makes me sick.
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

only beatrix potter could have put a word like 'soporific' in a children's story!
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

236 children. I leave the room for 5 minutes to write an epic poem and look what happens.

I can no longer cope and I am retiring
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:43 am only beatrix potter could have put a word like 'soporific' in a children's story!

I hate bloody "Beatrix Potter and the Philosopher's Stone", what a poor book
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”