Holding It Together

This is for your own works!!!
solongleonard

Re: Holding It Together

Post by solongleonard »

A more light-hearted article for you - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science ... t-DNA.html
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:15 am A more light-hearted article for you - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science ... t-DNA.html
difficult to understand how the passing of banknotes or change can cause DNA to become lodged under someone's fingernails to the same degree as if there had been a struggle. likewise with shaking hands, but of course it might be possible, and doubt should benefit the defendant. i know little about the OJ simpson case, anything connected to sport i hop over, but the foxy knoxy case i followed closely. having studied body language, i am capable of quite accurately determining a person's integrity, and was always convinced of amanda's innocence.
solongleonard

Re: Holding It Together. however

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:43 am
solongleonard wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:15 am A more light-hearted article for you - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science ... t-DNA.html
difficult to understand how the passing of banknotes or change can cause DNA to become lodged under someone's fingernails to the same degree as if there had been a struggle. likewise with shaking hands, but of course it might be possible, and doubt should benefit the defendant. i know little about the OJ simpson case, anything connected to sport i hop over, but the foxy knoxy case i followed closely. having studied body language, i am capable of quite accurately determining a person's integrity, and was always convinced of amanda's innocence.
Perhaps don't think of it as lodged, that makes it sound like a couple of courting college students completely stuck at the Hjørundfjord Hostel Bjørke. They together, or "holding it together" as the Subject here, would probably make a big lump, in a number of ways.

However, however close their connection, and however dominant her personality, I can't imagine him being under her thumb. However, I return to your interest in science and its advance.

However determined your unhealthy,completely stuck yet understandable, long distance masochistic attraction be to that notorious non-killer,Amanda, your Epoxy Poxy Box-Me Moxy but Orthodoxy Proxy Foxy Doxy Knoxy desire, I am not fully confident that your integrity calculator is inflatable.

KInd Regards

Solong

However, Frank Zappa puts rhymin' in its place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM0VYQOQfxs
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you for the frank zappa video. that you are acquainted with his music was a surprise.

newly uploaded footage concerning the watkins case is interesting, and it is difficult to not totally agree with what is said about 'celebrity privilege', how lesser mortals can often be treated differently by the authorities. joanne is exceptionally fortunate to have had a clever barrister. the police have now admitted their shortcomings, and being a person who was instrumental in achieving that, you are deserving much respect.

(fast forward to 04:00)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLeJH1o17H4
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:09 pm thank you for the frank zappa video. that you are acquainted with his music was a surprise.

newly uploaded footage concerning the watkins case is interesting, and it is difficult to not totally agree with what is said about 'celebrity privilege', how lesser mortals can often be treated differently by the authorities. joanne is exceptionally fortunate to have had a clever barrister. the police have now admitted their shortcomings, and being a person who was instrumental in achieving that, you are deserving much respect.

(fast forward to 04:00)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLeJH1o17H4
The clue to my Zappa admiration might be my ownership of 20 of his albums, and that I have listened to many more. Fav quotes include "stinkfoot put a hurt on my nose" and that brilliant way to dismiss someone "who you jivin' with that cosmic debris?" Highlights of his career surely include his recording "Live at Fillmore East" where he kindly dedicated a song to me! Who could ever forget the lyrics of Bwana Dik

Girls from all over the world
Flock to write my name on the toilet walls
Of the Whisky A-Go-Go
For I am Bwana Dik
I am Bwana Dik
Me Bwana Dik
Yo! Me Bwana Dik
Say!

My dick is a monster
Give me your heart

[Chorus:]
Bwana Dik is a legend
Enormous thou art

[Howard:]
My dick is a Harley
You kick it to start

[Chorus:]
Bwana Dik speaks
The heavens will part

But whilst we are on the topic of famous trials you may know about this one https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... nce-lawyer

You needed to be there to hear me use the Zappa quote "Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."

I leave you with this important question that applies to both myself and you too, Geoffrey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLdp0YnfxQg

Please let me know your answer. Or the Frisco Kid, though technically of a different gender, may know the answer. She has been contributing excellent thoughts to this thread.
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote:...I leave you with this important question that applies to both myself and you too, Geoffrey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLdp0YnfxQg

Please let me know your answer. Or the Frisco Kid, though technically of a different gender, may know the answer. She has been contributing excellent thoughts to this thread.
How nice of you to think of me (and to speak of me so kindly! "Right back atcha", as they apparently say these days)! Incidentally, I can assure you that not only am I "technically" of a different gender from you and your Norwegian friend, I am unequivocally so, in every possible respect.

As for the Zappa videos, I'm afraid that I've only had time for a quick listen.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote:The clue to my Zappa admiration might be my ownership of 20 of his albums, and that I have listened to many more.
that was such an eye-opener. you have never before mentioned frank zappa. then again, neither have you ever mentioned jascha heifetz, david oistrakh or yehudi menuhin, so, let optimism still be on the table. one cannot have a rainbow without a little rain, and it is wise to not label someone an athiest just because they don't lose weight during lent. a sprinkling of respect and tolerance is the key to a harmonious relationship, whether with people in denial who believe the deceased are looking down on us, or those who are fans of frank zappa. is this, perhaps, a 'lieutenant columbo' trick, appearing to be an unkempt dunce in order to catch people off guard? for it is well known that tourists with gold in their teeth are more likely to be murdered than those with amalgam. in any case, we must 'accentuate the positive' - as the song goes. making enemies is easy, but making friends with their enemies is even easier. why sit for seven days with mirrors covered?

http://rainbow.chard.org/2012/09/26/fra ... agic-life/
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

However determined your unhealthy,completely stuck yet understandable, long distance masochistic attraction be to that notorious non-killer,Amanda, your Epoxy Poxy Box-Me Moxy but Orthodoxy Proxy Foxy Doxy Knoxy desire, I am not fully confident that your integrity calculator is inflatable.

Every "oxy" here makes sense in contexty.

"Quick listen", oh you tease As Frank used to say

Call any vegetable
(Call any vegetable)
Call it by name
(Call any vegetable)
Call one today
(Call any vegetable)
When you get off the train
(Call any vegetable)
Call any vegetable
And the chances are good
Ooooh! The vegetable
Will respond to you

This song from Frank Zappa was entitled "Call any vegetable" and also entitled to a quick listen even though it comes 547th in my list of favourite FZ tracks.

Well behind this rather romantic Nixon Tribute, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2ILDPu_6JI

"Dickie's Such An Asshole "

[FZ:] Alright. CNN ran a story last week about this new product that has been developed for our prison system. It is called "Confinement Loaf." Now what it is it's, uh, bean by-products compressed into a loaf, which is administered to problem prisoners. Their diet will be a slice of "Confinement Loaf" and a cup of water, and it seems to mellow them out right away. So my question is: How long before "Confinement Loaf" appears in United States High Schools?

One 'n one is eleven!
Two 'n two is twenty-two!
Won't somebody kindly tell me,
What the government's tryin' t' do . . .
Dickie's just to tricky
For a chump like me to use, oh use
You take that sub-committee serious, boy (and I'm serious)
You just might get a seizure from the evenin' news

Millions 'n millions of dollars . . .
Much as he might need . . . (good work!)
He could open up a chain of motels, people,
On the highway, yes indeed!

Quadrophonic desperation! (oh, pinch that loaf now!)
There might be confinement loaf up under your bed (well . . . )
You know if you just might pinch a little loaf in your slumber (pffft . . . NURSE!)
The FBI is gonna get your number

GONNA GET YA
GONNA GET YA
GONNA JUMP UP THE SUB-COMMITTEE AND GET YA!

THE FBI
GONNA GET YOUR NUMBER
THE FBI
GONNA GET YOUR NUMBER
THE FBI
GONNA GET YOUR NUMBER
THE FBI
GONNA GET YOUR NUMBER
THE FBI
THEY ALREADY GOT YOUR PICTURE
THE FBI
AND YOUR FINGERPRINTS TOO
THE FBI
THEN THEY GOT A GUY IN VIRGINA
THE FBI
WHIFFING UP A LITTLE SOUP JUST FOR YOU

GONNA GET YOUR NUMBER
GONNA GET YOUR NUMBER

Tryin' not to worry
Tryin' not to care
But you know, I get so excited
When that soup goes over there

Can't have no private conversation
Nowhere
In the USA
Can't wait 'til the rest of the people all over the the world
Find out that their confinement loaf
Is just the same ol' way
Every day . . .
(Pinch that loaf now!)

Let me tell you about this right now
Let me tell you about this right here
Let me make this formerly clear
Let me tell you about this right here
You know you put me in office
So you must have wanted me in office
I did you no harm
I used to have twenty-five tapes
Now I only got ten
Can't remember what happened to the rest
S'pose I gave 'em to a friend
Gave a couple to Bebe Rebozo
Gave a couple to Pat Boone
Gave a couple to Ronald Reagan
Gave a couple to the new vice-president
He said he'd stick with me through thick and thin
Even if I invaded Nicaragua
You know I'm not a crook
You know I'm not a crook
I just wanna lie about one more thing right now . . .
(Say yeah yeah . . . )

The gangster stepped right up,
'N kissed him on the lips good-bye
Made him a cocksucker by proxy, yes he did,
An' he didn't even bat an eye!

The man in the White House - oooh!
He's got a conscience black as sin!
(Yeah, maybe I . . . I don't know but, it's just a training exercise)
There's just one thing I wanna know -
How'd that asshole ever manage to get in?

You're all the same, so sing right along now:

DICKIE'S SUCH AN ASSHOLE
Sincerely, Dick, we mean it
Sincerely, Ron, we mean it
Sincerely, Dick and Ron, we continue to mean it
Wee-ooo
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Thanks to our esteemed forum member, "solongfarewellaufwiedersehengoodbyeleonard", and his efforts to expand our cultural horizons, I have now listened to approximately 7.5 seconds of Frank Zappa videos, and I can say with full confidence that I doubt if I'll ever have another 7.5 seconds like it again in my life (at least, if I can help it).

I have also humoured our sadly taste-challenged friend and read (most of) the lyrics to several of Frank Zappa's songs (painstakingly reprinted above -- in fact, "pain" and "staking" were actually words that came to mind as I perused them). I think it is fair to say that it is highly unlikely that Mr. Zappa poses any serious threat to Leonard Cohen's standing as the local favourite poet-songwriter in this corner of cyberspace.

After exposure to such dubious "art" as that shared by our forum-mate, I am yearning for a mickey, preferably a stiff one.* 

*Oh, behave! My fellow Canadians will know exactly what I mean by that moderately innocuous statement!
solongleonard

the wonderful Sandy Denny

Post by solongleonard »

Hey The Frisco Kid, no, the World needs a Frank Zappa. Life is too short to swallow establishment ***. He was a Force for the Good.

But to mellow you, It'll Take A Long Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28zG4ZV ... 8zG4ZVgsQM
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote:... the World needs a Frank Zappa. Life is too short to swallow establishment ***. He was a Force for the Good.
A "Force for the Good"? Okay, I admire that! (I've really got nothing against the chap, you know, even if his music isn't my cup of tea!)

Cheers and peace, bro'! 8)
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

I'm a wee bit biased as I loved the Man from ever, and mourned his early death.

“If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.”
― Frank Zappa

and

“Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?'
Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?”
― Frank Zappa
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:26 am I'm a wee bit biased as I loved the Man from ever, and mourned his early death.

“If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.”
― Frank Zappa

and

“Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?'
Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?”
― Frank Zappa
:D You've got me liking Mr. Zappa more all the time! (Sorry, I really meant no offense earlier, I was just ribbing you!)

As for music, I'll take Zappa over that schmaltzy chick any day... ;-)
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

beautiful soul, 31 years.
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote:beautiful soul, 31 years.

Another beautiful soul who died at 31 was Franz Schubert.

Geoffrey wrote:...neither have you ever mentioned jascha heifetz, david oistrakh or yehudi menuhin, so, let optimism still be on the table...

Did someone say "Yehudi Menuhin"? This is how I like to get mellow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBuHBQaYZoU

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”