Holding It Together

This is for your own works!!!
LisaLCFan

Re: Holding It Together. however

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote:I hate bloody "Beatrix Potter and the Philosopher's Stone", what a poor book
In the USA, it was changed to "..Sorcerer's Stone". When I first saw that while visiting the Empire to the South, I thought that there had been a sequel I hadn't heard about!
solongleonard

Re: Holding It Together. however

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:21 am
solongleonard wrote:I hate bloody "Beatrix Potter and the Philosopher's Stone", what a poor book
In the USA, it was changed to "..Sorcerer's Stone". When I first saw that while visiting the Empire to the South, I thought that there had been a sequel I hadn't heard about!
Did they think of changing all the words as well?
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Re: Holding It Together

Post by LisaLCFan »

They may have -- I didn't read it!
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

solongleonard wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:31 am
Geoffrey wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 am
Bennyboy wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:14 am Glad you all enjoyed it.
this area of the forum is by far the most active, the most popular, creative and intellectual of all sections - even though no morsel of praise makes a journey to these quarters. our undiluted witty and imaginative contributions seem to inhabit the webmaster's blind spot. fine examples of musical compositions, literature or art remain uncelebrated. they may never be openly perceived by the upper echelon as noteworthy donations to the cause, but indifference is often the wages of those who work in the wings. nevertheless, we humbly realise that we are the crème de la crème of human excellence, that we have fixed a motor onto the webmaster's go-kart. thanks to us, leonard's website has become a snare for the daylight, encouraging the formal and dusty climate in here to become infested with joyful frivolity - with shovelfuls of sunshine heaped upon these rotting floorboards. down here in the cellar of his internet home we have quietly built a life support system that ensures the survival of his name. many a time i have posted messages here that have been overlooked, or stamped upon by the feet of a passing neanderthal, yet i rejoice in the mere privilege of being amongst the many thinking participants. so i implore you, put aside your sarcasm, put aside negative egoism and the importance of personal pursuits - and rise to play a greater part.

That's Fighting Talk where I come from

Your tribute to me (and possibly others) is of course well-deserved. But it makes me sad when I recall Dem Poets of Yestyyear. The ones whom posted did here on this very, long years ago. Some of them Best Writers bothTactics and Morals

Who can forgot

Greg. Lovely man

Judith Braun. So talented

Johnny Van Snicklegruber. Eloquent

Andrea a RomanIan teenager who posted one of the best poems ever shared here. Wish I had a copy still

Snow A man with dinner jacket and Bow Tie

Gone, all gone
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:26 am They may have -- I didn't read it!

Thank goodness. I didn't get where I am today by reading it, or just reading
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

I am very sad that this free love/orgy thread has been neglected in recent years.
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:32 am I am very sad that this free love/orgy thread has been neglected in recent years.

Oh, yes, it was a juicy one, was it not? It was fun to relive -- thanks for the reminder! :D

The title seems rather apropos these days (in a less fun way).

But now, you'll have to excuse me: I am not a font of words this morning, so I'm going for a long walk. If you and Milo are out and about, I'll be the one with two dogs -- if you see us, give us a wave (from a healthy distance, of course). Cheers!
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:03 pm
solongleonard wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:32 am I am very sad that this free love/orgy thread has been neglected in recent years.

Oh, yes, it was a juicy one, was it not? It was fun to relive -- thanks for the reminder! :D

The title seems rather apropos these days (in a less fun way).

But now, you'll have to excuse me: I am not a font of words this morning, so I'm going for a long walk. If you and Milo are out and about, I'll be the one with two dogs -- if you see us, give us a wave (from a healthy distance, of course). Cheers!
typical Lisa wordplay. It's Sunday here in Europe today. Sunday church baptism "font". I get your witty post. You disown that you are "a font of words". I am rather font of your modesty.

Hey Milo is permitted to wave and I have instructed him to watch out for the Lady with the Pekinese and the St Bernard.
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”