Geoffrey

Re: wanted

Post by Geoffrey »

mugshot.jpg
solongleonard

Re: wasted

Post by solongleonard »

Cohen McCabe.jpg
I was in a hurry and sketched this picture of Cohen the Cowboy, using the blood from a green olive I was eating for breakfast tomorrow lunchtime. I know it is not in the class of anything that Geoffrey does, but it is my humble little doodle and I pray it will not to be judged too harshly for all its deficiencies (particularly Vitamin C and Zinc).

I would like to share a wee anecdote with my friends here (others, please do not read this, my Lawyers are watching!). I remember the first time that Lennie and I met. It was on the Subway in Moscow, the height of the Great Summer of 42 . I deliberately bumped into him, stabbing his ankles, elbows and necks, with my umbrella. I will never forget how he turned to me and said "may I have your autograph?". Well, those were generous times so I immediately retorted , "no".

From that great start our relationship grew in no respects and we met irregularly, precisely once a week, at a pre-agreed spontaneous time for further parasol attacks. If it rained we cancelled the Event for obvious reasons and some further obscure ones. With his gun he was quick on the draw but so was I and often exhibited and sold my sketches before he was out of the carriage.

Damn, those were Happy Days, starring Henry Winkle, whom Lennie really hated as he auditioned for the part of the Fonz, just as you, gentle readers, are now auditioning for the part of The Fanz.

Thank you, you have been a mediocre Audience.
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Dear Geoffrey, I am so sorry that my hastily drawn sketch has overshadowed your fun little effort above.
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:36 pm Dear Geoffrey, I am so sorry that my hastily drawn sketch has overshadowed your fun little effort above.
relax. it is doubtful that a standard screen-catch of warren beatty could ever overshadow a masterly drawn sketch of leonard cohen depicted as an outlaw by one of the greatest artists of the age.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:51 am
solongleonard wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:36 pm Dear Geoffrey, I am so sorry that my hastily drawn sketch has overshadowed your fun little effort above.
relax. it is doubtful that a standard screen-catch of warren beatty could ever overshadow a masterly drawn sketch of leonard cohen depicted as an outlaw by one of the greatest artists of the age.

Oh Dear, rarely has someone missed the point by so far. Let me help you. "Warren", as his friends called him, starred in the glorious 1965 film release of Mickey One. His part was, of course, that of a paranoid night club comedian.

A good friend of mine, who used occasionally to visit this corner of the Antelope, adopted that very same persona.

By now, albeit so belatedly, I think you may have got the point. Wake up, Geoffrey!
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”