Svele

This is for your own works!!!
solongleonard

Svele

Post by solongleonard »

I have always been kind to Geoffrey over the years. First I taught him English at school and then I helped him find his very own charming style of expression. In more recent years I have encouraged him to overcome his chronic shyosity.

In return I ask a small favour. Would you, Sir Geoffrey, be gracious enough to draw a wee picture of Muhammed Ali feeding Leonard Cohen a svele.

Originating on the west coast, this batter-based cake has gained popularity throughout Norway in the last 40 years. Unlike the American pancakes they resemble, svele is usually an afternoon treat with coffee, eaten warm from the pan. The current record for eating Svele is held by our friend of the Forum, the popular Senior Citizen Sir Geoffrey Wren. He downed 75 of them in one sitting on Christmas Eve 1942. The contest was broadcast live on the internet. As a result of this extraordinary feat he was made a CBE in 1943. As a result of his extraordinary feet he was promoted to become a Knight of the Garter in 1959.

Svele are served buttered and covered with anything sweet from syrup to uniquely Norwegian brown cheese. The use of salt of hartshorn (ammonium bicarbonate) and baking soda as raising agents give these cakes their characteristic flavour.
IMG_0701.JPG
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Re: Svele

Post by Geoffrey »

am defrosting the fridge and washing clothes, so have no time to answer. instead leave you with this unconnected video:
https://youtu.be/H8WTUJUWmRA
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Unconnected indeed. I can't access YouTube videos in the Blue Mountains of Australia.
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:13 am Unconnected indeed. I can't access YouTube videos in the Blue Mountains of Australia.
i never forget to turn off the windscreen wipers when it stops raining, but some people do. i have to reach across and flick up the little arm that's fixed to the steering wheel. also, i've noticed that some people put clean glasses and cups upside down when placing them back into the cupboard. i always put them the right way up, because there are doors on the cupboard and i have never registered any dust going in there. what is wrong with people? the reason i put uneaten biscuits and crisps into tupperware boxes is just it keeps them fresh, and it looks tidier. if i sat and gorged the whole lot in one go, like people with no self-discipline do, then that would be different, but i was brought up to have restraint, and to behave properly. teabags i use only once, never do i put the soggy used one on the edge of the saucer and use it again if i want a second cup, it looks so working class, and the little money you save is a mere trifle - i leave that sort of parsimony to the lower ranks, because people who chase after money never get it. i have never cared how much i spend, and every time i need more banknotes i just put my card into a machine that's fixed in the shop wall, i tap in a secret code, and out comes a shitload of money - never fails. i think it's karma, because i am well-balanced, have always done nothing but good to everyone, and i have strict rules that i live by. you have to have standards, when wiping the table remember to do the vertical edges. use ajax or an equally efficient scourer and scrub the edges clean. in restaurants and cafes they only wipe the tops, i've watched them many a time, but the edges are breeding grounds for bacteria, i can't abide nasty, filthy germs. i was taught that cleanliness is next to godliness.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”