This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

slapdash portrait

Post by Geoffrey »

..jpg
solongleonard

Re: slapdash portrait

Post by solongleonard »

I have teased you before that you so often submit drawings here, (for my approval), with a standard disclaimer that they have been hurried, quick, etc. Here is another version, "slapdash". But Geoffrey, because you really are so talented there is simply no need for your routine fake modesty.

Yet, this was different, as I went to confirm the obvious lack of slapdashosity I suddenly noticed the fingers of the lady lifting Leonard's hat. Holy hell, Batman! Were you rushing or being chased by a dog? Couldn't you have given us a warning that you didn't have time to draw Leonard's own and decided instead to reproduce the thieving digits of that criminal manager of his, this time about to pinch his titfa and committing the crime right under his nose, or over his nose?

I am so disturbed by this incident that I will close my surgery immediately and go to sleep. A number of my waiting patients may survive this night untreated and anyway "sod them all", as Leonard frequently said of his fans.
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

michael, i read that you were down in china, or new zealand, or some other fucking place at the back of beyond, and then here you are, like a turd that won't flush, doing your best to slow me down. well, it don't work quite like that, my son, because when the going gets tough the tough get going - you merely spur me on to greater heights. later this month jarkko is planning to make a surprise announcement, and it doesn't take too much intelligence to work out what it will be. he wants to attract more people to his website, and what better way than include a substantial collection of portraits created by the resident artist, one endorsed several times by leonard himself no less! jarkko is no fool, he knows leonard loved me, he knows he has an exclusive magnet of gold right here in his midst.
pass.jpg
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Dear Geoffrey, thank you for reproducing the letter I sent you in my capacity as Leonard's tour manager. After a long discussion with Leonard and following a clear vote in your favour , with the result being 1-1, I granted you that back stage pass for which you had begged continuously even before the Molde gig was planned. Yes, I stood up to Leonard's hostile opinion against you being allowed to Norway, let alone the Event itself. I beat him. I did it for you.

I distinctly recall shouting at him with tremendous vitality and some little wit. He had argued in his strong New York gangster brawl, "dem ain't my damn fingers, don't let dat artist boy anywhere near me or who knows de damn consequence". At this point Lennie Boy, (here I use his Street name) , was close to losing his temper. Too many families over the years had suffered from that rage.

I interjected with a vital interjection - "your Lady fingers, his Norwegian fish fingers from Norway, its all the same in the end Mr Cohen, we are all going to die". He lowered the gun, the danger had passed.

Mike "The Finger"
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

then why did he write so often over so many years, send so many gifts, keep me supplied with dietary supplement, tell me that he loved me?
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Yes, he definitely loved you but are you sure it wasn't just about the sex?
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote:Yes, he definitely loved you but are you sure it wasn't just about the sex?
he was quite fond of adam, but i was the son he wished he'd had.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Adam, aka Boss, continues his dad's writing brilliance by his posts to this very forum. Oy gestalt.
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote:Adam, aka Boss, continues his dad's writing brilliance by his posts to this very forum. Oy gestalt.
indeed, boss is compiling his next list as we speak; exciting times!
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Here is my list of what we could both learn from Adam.

A LIST OF THINGS WHICH BOTH GEOFFREY AND SOLONGLEONARD COULD LEARN FROM ADAM

THE LIST
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”