13 Hair Conditioners

This is for your own works!!!
solongleonard

13 Hair Conditioners

Post by solongleonard »

I have no doubt that all of you have been following the recent thread by Hugo Boss entitled "57 Shampoos", finessed by myself into something actually interesting.

What the original author failed to deal with is the connected, but far more complex, issue of conditioners.

In my view that omission was racist.

"Oh, we can't serve you as your conditioner produce is not expensive enough". I had prayed those days were over but it seems not.

How sad, how very very sad.
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Re: 13 Hair Conditioners

Post by LisaLCFan »

It is very, very sad indeed. I, too, was following the shampoo thread with tremendous interest. In fact, I was on the verge of participating, ready to type out a list of my three favourite shampoos, when it occurred to me that the omission of “conditioners” from the discussion was not simply racist (as you, Mr/Ms. solongleonard, have so rightly pointed out), but also terribly oppressive. Why should our choice of conditioner(s) be a source of shame?, I asked myself. Why should we feel the need to hide our post-shampoo hair products in the shadows, fearing ostracism or worse if we were to reveal to the world this aspect of our lives? I was therefore so disgusted by the direction of that “conversation”, feeling so completely marginalised by its overt insensitivity to my needs and to my very identity, that I remained silent.

I am quite certain that I am not alone in these sentiments, for how else to explain why there were so few responses (in fact, none) to what had become a most fascinating topic, head and shoulders above most of the vapid discussions that one finds on fora, after solongleonard contributed his/her remarkably insightful and thought-provoking comments. If it weren’t for my excellent choice of conditioner, I’d be scratching my head in wonder over the failure of others to speak out about something so very important.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Your post is one which would have delighted Leonard who, as we all know, was quite obsessive about conditioners. Although it has never been my own favourite his popular song "Like a Bird with a Hair-Dryer" tells the terrible tale of a young woman who applied too much heat to her "Barnet"* without the application of conditioner! That is why a number of academics find it to be amongst his most shocking ballads.

* Barnet Fair is Cockney slang for Hair.

"Look at your barnet! Council cut it for yer?"
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

I have always wondered about the deeper meaning of that Ding Dong. It is particularly shocking when one realises that the Twist and Twirl in question was drying her Barnet Fair with an electric appliance while having a Laugh. Sadly, her Finger and Thumb failed to teach her how hazardous that could be, and now she’s Brown Bread. It was already one of the saddest stories I had ever heard, and now you’ve added to my pain by revealing this additional truth about her lack of conditioner. Excuse me, but I need to be alone while I shed some Bunny Ears.
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

I mean no disrespect to her, but she was bleedin' Radio Rental
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

My real fave is "Bald-be-gone".