The Leonard Cohen voice

This is for your own works!!!
Odysseus

The Leonard Cohen voice

Post by Odysseus »

Apart from the unique lyrics, another LC hallmark is his low bass vocals. So I'm performing at a concert the other day and a Canadian man comes running up to me in mid show very excited and tells me I have a Leonard Cohen voice. Now I don't entirely agree but yet on the other hand LC has been one of my influencers for a long time, musically.
I wonder if you could give your comment in this song below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLEDfWkFM0E
its4inthemorning

Re: The Leonard Cohen voice

Post by its4inthemorning »

Your voice does remind me of Leonard's, but before it deepened for the final tours and albums. Smoke cigarettes for 5-10 years, then you'll be there.

Actually, your voice, and the song (which I liked a lot) remind me more of some of Mark Knopfler's work. Take this as a complement. Have you any other creations?

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Hartmut

Re: The Leonard Cohen voice

Post by Hartmut »

its4inthemorning wrote: the song (which I liked a lot)
I do, too.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”