"come forth from the cloud of unknowing . . ."

This is for your own works!!!
User avatar
Violet
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: "come forth from the cloud of unknowing . . ."

Postby Violet » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:19 pm

[I had a feeling I shouldn't have bothered writing this post either.]
Last edited by Violet on Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Violet
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2327
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: "come forth from the cloud of unknowing . . ."

Postby Geoffrey » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:45 am

Violet wrote:One final note: as to investigative journalism and site you linked to, Geoffrey, "Reveal," I'd say the best investigative journalism could happen right here on this thread if all involved attempt to go about things in a consistent and organized manner.
good idea, violet. no one is more "consistent and organized" than myself. apart from when i am being lied to by my own brain, arranging things in an orderly fashion takes up the lion's share of my base behaviour - so no problem. i simply adore compiling lists, laying tables nicely for guests - just like any normal person. i even go so far as straightening out dog-eared banknotes with a finger-nail before putting them into my wallet, can't stand those little bent-over corners. not only that, i make sure they're all the right way up with the front side facing outwards. not always easy when there is a long line of shoppers queued behind me at the checkout. this afternoon one old cow displayed her impatience by demonstratively making loud sighs near the back of my neck, filling its flat chest with a long bottomless intake of air and then noisily exhaling, like when the doctor puts his stethoscope on your rib-cage and asks you to breathe deep. oh yes, time is precious, money is precious, the thawing peas in that frigid hag's basket were precious. damned retarded primate, filthy whore. i turned around, looked at those thin wrinkly lips, hairy chin, beady eyes, scraggy neck. imagine the joy i could have had in tying that decrepit witch to a tree, using the tip of its bony nose as a bullseye on a dartboard - what sweet pleasure one could derive! i digress, however. as you may see below, dear violet, i present the humble beginnings of the timeline you suggested in your previous message. art thou not terribly impressed? ;-)

Mon 7 Nov 2016 - Leonard fell during the early hours.
Tue 8 Nov 2016 - USA election day.
Wed 9 Nov 2016 - Body flown from Los Angeles to Montreal?
Thu 10 Nov 2016 - Funeral, then announcement of Leonard's death.
Fri 11 Nov 2016 - News of his death reached Europe at 4am.
Sat 12 Nov 2016 - News of his death in the printed press in Europe.
Wed 16 Nov 2016 - Statement from Leonard's management.
Thu 24 Nov 2016 - I began discussion on Facebook concerning Leonard's death.
Sun 18 Dec 2016 - I began another discussion on Facebook about Leonard's death.
Tue 20 Dec 2016 - I began same discussion on the Cohen Files Forum.
Fri 23 Dec 2016 - I wrote to Leonard's management asking for a comment.
User avatar
Violet
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: "come forth from the cloud of unknowing . . ."

Postby Violet » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:13 am

I'm sure every woman who reads your little tirade, Geoffrey, will feel particularly touched.

As to the list, it's at least a start. One needs to start somewhere.

Anyway, whether you choose to do the timeline or not, good luck with it all.
Violet
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2327
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: "come forth from the cloud of unknowing . . ."

Postby Geoffrey » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:03 pm

Violet wrote:
>I'm sure every woman who reads your little tirade, Geoffrey, will feel particularly touched.

dear violet.
i am but a weak man of simple character, one with shallow depth of personality, who fears his lack of social conduct and occasionally unpolished speech may have made him a stranger to your amiability. know that i regret my inebriation, that alcohol has never been a good companion, and that you have first rights to my affection.

>As to the list, it's at least a start. One needs to start somewhere . . . whether you choose to do the timeline or not, good luck with it all.

i sincerely thank you, but with a caution: my life continually suffers a deficiency of luck. it is a vehicle that drives past every time a thumb is held out. instead i will employ self-discipline and hard work, as they prove to be more trustworthy friends :-)

-g
MaryB
Posts: 3945
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:40 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio USA

Re: "come forth from the cloud of unknowing . . ."

Postby MaryB » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Geoffrey wrote: i even go so far as straightening out dog-eared banknotes with a finger-nail before putting them into my wallet, can't stand those little bent-over corners. not only that, i make sure they're all the right way up with the front side facing outwards.
OMG - it's so nice to know I am not alone in my obsession :lol:

Dear Geoffrey,

You may be 'consistent and organized', but, are you also detail oriented? If so it would be wonderful if you could also add the bits and pieces of info (i.e. times different things were being reported) to this list. It would give us an even better overview of the timeline, but leave the egg liquor and cognac out it please ;-) :lol:

Thank you.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
User avatar
juneC
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:40 pm

Re: "come forth from the cloud of unknowing . . ."

Postby juneC » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:21 pm

[quote] i even go so far as straightening out dog-eared banknotes with a finger-nail before putting them into my wallet, can't stand those little bent-over corners. not only that, i make sure they're all the right way up with the front side facing outwards. not always easy when there is a long line of shoppers queued behind me at the checkout.
Last edited by juneC on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Violet
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: "come forth from the cloud of unknowing . . ."

Postby Violet » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:23 pm

Geoffrey wrote:Violet wrote:
>I'm sure every woman who reads your little tirade, Geoffrey, will feel particularly touched.

dear violet.
i am but a weak man of simple character, one with shallow depth of personality, who fears his lack of social conduct and occasionally unpolished speech may have made him a stranger to your amiability. know that i regret my inebriation, that alcohol has never been a good companion, and that you have first rights to my affection.


Geoffrey, I didn't quote the material, giving you the opportunity to remove it. June is a newcomer here, what must she think?

Anyway, it was hurtful to read; and I remembered again times past, and why I've been feeling unsure about posting back here again. Michael's arrival had the effect of stirring up those doubts, and when I saw June's innocent enthusiasm I felt I couldn't keep what I was feeling to myself; although I later thought the better of it.

Anyway, I assume that's why you were angry at me since I don't think what you were doing or saying at that point really warranted my reaction, and for that I apologize.

You know, you could state your concerns directly, you don't have to take it out on all of womankind (!)

>As to the list, it's at least a start. One needs to start somewhere . . . whether you choose to do the timeline or not, good luck with it all.

i sincerely thank you, but with a caution: my life continually suffers a deficiency of luck. it is a vehicle that drives past every time a thumb is held out. instead i will employ self-discipline and hard work, as they prove to be more trustworthy friends :-)

-g

I'm not too sure what luck has to do with doing a timeline. I shouldn't have been so detailed about it, but I was going through it in my mind, and that's precisely how I would have done it. For me, it would offer an abundance of clues. But after I posted what I did I thought that to really make it useful was probably too involved.
Violet
solongleonard
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: "come sixth from the icloud of uncle knowing . . ."

Postby solongleonard » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:10 pm

Since I was a young woman I have had a compulsion to take bank notes out of the tills in shops. Where I differ from weird persons like Sir Chris, is that I do not care if the notes are straight or crumpled, as long as I can escape the shop without arrest.


I wish we could take the thread back to discussing Leonard, his life and death and not the psychological issues of certain posters.
User avatar
Violet
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: "come forth from the cloud of unknowing . . ."

Postby Violet » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:18 pm

solongleonard wrote:Since I was a young woman I have had a compulsion to take bank notes out of the tills in shops. Where I differ from weird persons like Sir Chris, is that I do not care if the notes are straight or crumpled, as long as I can escape the shop without arrest.


I wish we could take the thread back to discussing Leonard, his life and death and not the psychological issues of certain posters.
At least I had the tact not to refer to Geoffrey's missteps as "psychological issues." Or is that not what you're referring to?
Violet
solongleonard
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: "come seventh from the clout of unknowing . . ."

Postby solongleonard » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Violet wrote:
solongleonard wrote:Since I was a young woman I have had a compulsion to take bank notes out of the tills in shops. Where I differ from weird persons like Sir Chris, is that I do not care if the notes are straight or crumpled, as long as I can escape the shop without arrest.


I wish we could take the thread back to discussing Leonard, his life and death and not the psychological issues of certain posters.
At least I had the tact not to refer to Geoffrey's missteps as "psychological issues." Or is that not what you're referring to?

I am a lifelong friend of Sir Chris going back til before either of us was born. No-one is more aware of his tissues than I am. There is no need for you to mention them again. He is an absolute false for the good and we should be grateful for that. Everyone deals with bereavement their own way and I , for two, am proud that Sir Chris has the courage and wit to question the uncertainty around Leonard's death.

Thank you, Sir Chris. And although we have never met, thank you Violet as well.
User avatar
Violet
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: "come seventh from the clout of unknowing . . ."

Postby Violet » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:40 pm

solongleonard wrote:
I am a lifelong friend of Sir Chris going back til before either of us was born. No-one is more aware of his tissues than I am. There is no need for you to mention them again. He is an absolute false for the good and we should be grateful for that. Everyone deals with bereavement their own way and I , for two, am proud that Sir Chris has the courage and wit to question the uncertainty around Leonard's death.

Thank you, Sir Chris. And although we have never met, thank you Violet as well.
Well, thank God he's an absolute false for the good, since, given his recent missteps, one might be left wondering about just such things (!)
Violet
solongleonard
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: "come forth from the cloud of unknowing . . ."

Postby solongleonard » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:49 pm

OK Violet, I understand your witty commentary but actually that was simply Sir Chris in drink. I think his apparent misogyny should be forgiven, let us be among "the few".


"Here's to the few who forgive what you do, and the fewer who don't even care"
User avatar
Violet
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: "come forth from the cloud of unknowing . . ."

Postby Violet » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:14 pm

solongleonard wrote:OK Violet, I understand your witty commentary but actually that was simply Sir Chris in drink. I think his apparent misogyny should be forgiven, let us be among "the few".


"Here's to the few who forgive what you do, and the fewer who don't even care"
I can't help but comply, my lordship, since you asked so nicely.
Violet
User avatar
Violet
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: "come forth from the cloud of unknowing . . ."

Postby Violet » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:19 pm

I propose a new rule: don't drink and drivel.
Violet
solongleonard
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Justice round the corner

Re: "come forth from the cloud of unknowing . . ."

Postby solongleonard » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:22 pm

Violet wrote:I propose a new rule: don't drink and drivel.

Bravo!

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests