Let Us Compare Mythologies

This is for your own works!!!
JMComas

Let Us Compare Mythologies

Post by JMComas »

Hey you there,

I'm yet to start to write my essay on one of the poems collection in the book Let Us Compare Mythologies by Leonard Cohen. This makes me a little bit confused and I'm really stuck. The important thing is that I didn't read the book yet, so it is very hard to come up with good summary. Can I find one who read the book and knows all about the poems in this book?

I have a fortnight to submit the essay and it must be of a minimum of 5 to 7 pages length. Certainly, I'm not confident whether I can make it possible or not, in case, I will have to find an essay writing expert to get it done. However, I wish to know one interesting poem from the book.

Hope I will find a solution from you.
Geoffrey

Re: Let Us Compare Mythologies

Post by Geoffrey »

the most well known poem from leonard's first (1956) volume of poetry, 'let us compare mythologies' is the one printed below. leonard frequently read it (amongst others) during concerts.

https://youtu.be/z-Je5yzEWus

'poem' (sometimes called 'the hypnotist')
written soon after leaving mcgill university.
-------------------------------
i heard of a man
who says words so beautifully
that if he only speaks their name
women give themselves to him.

if i am dumb beside your body
while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips
it is because i hear a man climb the stairs
and clear his throat outside our door.
------------------------------
a good idea to get someone to write this essay for you. few people will applaud this method, most will frown upon it, but i totally approve. it takes guts to cheat while everyone else is obeying the rules like the sheeple they are. finding a short-cut to lessen one's workload shows intelligence and initiative. you are not one of the flock who do what they are told. bravo! i could easily write many pages on this short poem and send them to you, but that would be work - and like yourself, that is something i avoid at all costs. were i truly stuck, as you claim to be, i'd just fill the pages more or less with any old analytical crap about fear and jealousy and say it was my interpretation, like it or lump it - just say it was what came into your head after reading it. don't be frightened of those teachers, they pick their noses and drink straight out of the milk carton when no one's looking - just like the rest of us. good luck :-)
carmen_ward

Post by carmen_ward »

I think that it is better to write an essay by yourself. For example, I ordered papers from a commercial agency; they are great guys, write quite good but I think that the best paper if when you write it without any help. I wish you luck!
solongleonard

Let Us Repair My Soggy Knees

Post by solongleonard »

carmen_ward wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:31 pm I think that it is better to write an essay by yourself. For example, I ordered papers from a commercial agency: they are great guys, write quite good but I think that the best paper if when you write it without any help. I wish you luck!
What greater praise than saying they "write quite good"? Are you really suggesting you write erven gooder than them? They are professionals and I find it disrespectful to claim you are so superior.
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:14 pm the most well known poem from leonard's first (1956) volume of poetry, 'let us compare mythologies' is the one printed below. leonard frequently read it (amongst others) during concerts.

------------------------------
"a good idea to get someone to write this essay for you"

oh that old argument. Would you get someone to mow your lawn for you or perform a triple bypass operation on your local motorway? I rather doubt it. I am surprised at your attitude so-called Geoffrey or did someone else compose your post?
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote:I am surprised at your attitude, so-called Geoffrey - or did someone else compose your post?
well, having the ability to surprise is a powerful weapon that should always be exploited when struggling to achieve results, it is the basis of the survival instinct. when elderly tourists hand over their camera or mobile phone and ask you to take a photo of them, do you not assess whether or not you can run faster than them? yes, of course you do - unless you are one of those millions of so-called 'do-gooders' who live grey uneventful lives like the rest of the sheep in the field. baa, baa, baa . . .!!! forget the rules and grab yourself some fun, or obey like fools and get yourself none. together a hundred hens could overpower a fox, but they possess not the correct attitude. likewise ten foxes could subdue a hound, but nature conditions them to fall victim to fear. it is easier for a camel to sit on the head of a pin, than for a sheep to go to a tivoli and be allowed to go in.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”