unfinished

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

unfinished

Post by Geoffrey »

old abandoned one found on a shelf. never could get on with watercolour, but unlike leonard - it survived :-(
no way.jpg
Gentle Reader

Re: unfinished

Post by Gentle Reader »

Beautiful, Geoffrey.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Gentle Reader wrote:Beautiful, Geoffrey.
thank you. i loved that guy, you know - and i think he liked me quite a lot too.
dear friend.JPG
sereneava

Post by sereneava »

Dear Geoffrey, thank you for sharing about your friendship with Leonard. Also your drawings and paintings. My spirits always lift when I log onto the forum and see a new post from you. This photo of you and Leonard is beautiful and it certainly looks as though he liked you very much.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

sereneava wrote:Dear Geoffrey, thank you for sharing about your friendship with Leonard. Also your drawings and paintings. My spirits always lift when I log onto the forum and see a new post from you. This photo of you and Leonard is beautiful and it certainly looks as though he liked you very much.
i don't know what to say. am not used to being treated with such kindness. it's a very nice feeling - thank you. nothing to offer in exchange, except perhaps a poor doodle (only about 10x15cm) from the corner of a journal. the page contained some thoughts on leonard's passing, and it seemed appropriate to fill an empty space at the bottom. do not feel obligated to respond to this, but by all means treat yourself to something nice :-)
death of . . ..jpg
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

An exquisite doodle Geoffrey.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

MaryB wrote:An exquisite doodle Geoffrey.
thank you so much, dear mary. as i've said before, i do feel a tinge of guilt when people praise these pictures i post, because they are produced quickly and with almost no effort. they seem to just materialise. hundreds of them, especially leonard, in acrylic paints, charcoal, coloured spices, marker pens, salt, black coffee, chalks, pencils, powdered milk, biro pens, toothpaste, crayons, sugar, pastel sticks, oil paints, watercolours - you name it. haven't seen any mosaic ones appear yet, even though i put a hammer and some panes of coloured glass on a shelf in my atelier; god is probably waiting for the right moment. sold three pictures of leonard last week :-)
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

I have to say, Geoffrey you do very much appear to have mellowed well with the demise of Leonard. Your drawings are very good, one minute or or one week, the result is the matter of any works.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Geoffrey wrote: i do feel a tinge of guilt when people praise these pictures i post, because they are produced quickly and with almost no effort. they seem to just materialise. sold three pictures of leonard last week :-)
All your artwork is worthy of praise, so please don't feel guilty.

Hooray - hope you sell many, many more!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

MaryB wrote:
Geoffrey wrote: i do feel a tinge of guilt when people praise these pictures i post, because they are produced quickly and with almost no effort. they seem to just materialise. sold three pictures of leonard last week :-)
All your artwork is worthy of praise, so please don't feel guilty.

Hooray - hope you sell many, many more!
thank you, dear mary - these are warm and encouraging words. yes, i am grateful every time these pictures disappear, not primarily because of the money, but because it is a way of being reminded of the impermanency of everything. as a child, and to the great entertainment of other pupils at school, i had a severe nervous tic, as well as the less visible arithmomania. these ailments remain even today, although to a lesser degree. i am acutely aware i possess no creative talent; that was drummed into me by the art teacher. i am also aware i was unloved; that was beaten into me by a stepfather who resented having to bring up someone else's child. these pictures i sell seem to come from a mysterious location, and they are quite precious because they suggest proof of a power that is unfathomable, an energy as uncontrollable as tics and arithmomania. i know not if there is a god, my intellect tells me it is unlikely - but there is definitely something mysterious going on. one day, in the near future, this meat suit i wear will be discarded, it will disappear forever like the pictures people buy - and then i may find out :-)

"'the older i get, the surer i am that i'm not running the show." - leonard cohen
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

You ARE loved, and you DO have creative talent. Lots of it. I wish I had a fraction of your talent. It is time to let go off the wrong thoughts of your art teacher and step father. I had an art teacher who hated me, but then one who loved me, so one of them was wrong!

The speed you draw and paint is just how evident it is that you have an amazing talent. Accept it, accept the love, and allow yourself to believe this.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Dear Geoffrey,

Your talent is bountiful and limitless!

Loving regards,
Mary
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you, musicmania and mary b. :-) . i prefer to believe that if any talent manifests itself through the pictures that materialise, it is rather by chance than effort. one theory is that an accident was the first building block of evolution, and jesus was just an ambulance driver. anyone claiming to have unravelled the mystery of the stars would be either a poet or a fraud ;-)

biro & pencil sketch
biro & pencil.jpg

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”