Post by Geoffrey »

sorrow.jpg
Jean Fournell

Re: eyes are soft with sorrow

Post by Jean Fournell »

Yes. Good picture.

... for a while
... for a little while...

(Just a filthy beggar blessing / What happens to the heart)
B4real

Post by B4real »

eyes are soft with sorrow
his and ours :cry:

You've done well Geoffrey, that's a sensitive rendering.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you, jean, and b for real. it took only a few minutes, and i cried when it appeared. i never asked leonard for money, and it was always he who paid for the dinners. many years ago i told him my fridge was empty, that i had unpaid bills, i had borrowed from people. i dropped a few hints, but never had the temerity to ask him straight out for help. then he turned round and said to me: "listen, i know this is the last thing on your mind, but i'd like to give you something". that, of course, was his humorous way of saying that he knew i was begging. he requested my bank account number, i sheepishly gave it to him, and the following day was able to pay outstanding debts and stock up my kitchen. some time later i attempted to pay him back but he would hear nothing of it. "keep it," he said, "in celebration of the birth of my grandson." beautiful thing is, this was not a unique occurrence; he helped me yet again a while afterwards, as well as other people who were destitute. it didn't matter who they were, jew or gentile, young or old - he would help if he possibly could. that is the sort of gentleman he was; unselfish, modest, kind and endlessly generous. i told him i would one day tell people about this side of his nature, and have now done so. :-)
-gx
B4real

Post by B4real »

Geoffrey, that’s why I felt compelled to comment – I can feel your expression of sadness and gratitude.

About him helping you out, it doesn’t surprise me, Leonard is (I don’t like saying was) more than generous, he’s a munificent spirit!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20807&hilit=Munificent

When Leonard was touring in Australia in 2009 we had a terrible bushfire in Victoria, 173 lives were lost and the destruction to properties and wildlife immense. Even though he was still getting on his own feet financially he saw it in his heart to donate $200,000.00 to help the victims.

Here’s a recent Nov 2016 up to date report with video of Leonard:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/who ... sne3j.html

And I have to agree with Pericles when he said:

“What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others”
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you, B4real - an interesting read. i had heard about this, but since forgotten. it was so kind of you to remind me, because what he did was an important act of generosity. thank you for being nice to me :-)
B4real

Post by B4real »

No problem, Geoffrey! It feels good for all of us to support each other in these terrible times.....

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”