Jesus Of Nazareth for President (Write In)

This is for your own works!!!
Casey Butler

Jesus Of Nazareth for President (Write In)

Post by Casey Butler »

An open letter to Atheists everywhere:

Hello friends.

As you probably know by now, the dream of humanity creating the perfect society just doesn't wash anymore. Our EVOLVING requirements of people who want to lead us have narrowed to the point where we require perfection in behavior - and who cares about policies since nothing short of a major culling of the planet's population has a chance of restoring that dream anymore.

Don't know who to vote for? Don't think you want to vote for Trump who might bring back fascism? Don't want to vote for Clinton because you've been there and know all the.promises are empty and what needs to be changed won't be?

The solution is easy: Vote for Jesus Christ, perfection personified. Jesus is a healer and uniter who will make us stronger together.

Now that we are finally reaching the right conclusions about who is important (everyone) he can teach us how to make everyone important without killing anyone.

Being Atheists, of course, you may be questioning whether Jesus is alive or whether he ever existed at all.

Well, I can't answer that question for you without pointing to the faith of every religion in the world today and their core message. And my fairh.

Nevertheless voting for Jesus Christ cannot result in a worse America than we're going to have after November 8th and inauguration day if we don't.

With Atheists leading the way, can all the rest of us vote for anyone else?

Your may want to refresh your memory of Jesus' platform by reading selected works of Thomas Jefferson -especially his book entitled "The Life And Morals Of Jesus Of Nazareth".

I'd suggest ignoring the fiery stuff. Without it, however, the good stuff would not have survived for you to read today. More to come...

Vote for Jesus (Write in)!
Casey Butler

Re: Jesus Of Nazareth for President (Write In)

Post by Casey Butler »

To continue my appeal to Atheists on behalf of Jesus Christ (whom, as far as I know, has not officially approved of this message) I'd like to first reprise posts from a discussion I was having with Cate in another thread.

This was in reference to asking Atheists to re-examine the evidence of God, the God whom Jefferson came to love, through Jefferson's own writings.

I began with a letter from Jefferson to John Adams in which Jefferson describes God from Jefferson's perspective:

Jesus taught that motivation comes from man, not God.

I don't know if Jefferson saw the ornaments of organized religion as a motivation towards the betterment of humanity, but organized religion is how the Jefferson Bible verses he patched together from the Gospels came down to him in his time. And what a motivator he turned out to be.

Jefferson's motivation and his opinion of atheism, seem to be outlined well in a letter he wrote to John Adams I found on the Web:

====

To John Adams Monticello, April 11, 1823

DEAR SIR,

-- The wishes expressed, in your last favor, that I may continue in life and health until I become a Calvinist, at least in his exclamation of `_mon Dieu!_ jusque a quand'! would make me immortal. I can never join Calvin in addressing _his god._ He was indeed an Atheist, which I can never be; or rather his religion was Daemonism. If ever man worshipped a false god, he did. The being described in his 5. points is not the God whom you and I acknolege and adore, the Creator and benevolent governor of the world; but a daemon of malignant spirit. It would be more pardonable to believe in no god at all, than to blaspheme him by the atrocious attributes of Calvin. Indeed I think that every Christian sect gives a great handle to Atheism by their general dogma that, without a revelation, there would not be sufficient proof of the being of a god. Now one sixth of mankind only are supposed to be Christians: the other five sixths then, who do not believe in the Jewish and Christian revelation, are without a knolege of the existence of a god! This gives compleatly a gain de cause to the disciples of Ocellus, Timaeus, Spinosa, Diderot and D'Holbach. The argument which they rest on as triumphant and unanswerable is that, in every hypothesis of Cosmogony you must admit an eternal pre-existence of something; and according to the rule of sound philosophy, you are never to employ two principles to solve a difficulty when one will suffice. They say then that it is more simple to believe at once in the eternal pre-existence of the world, as it is now going on, and may for ever go on by the principle of reproduction which we see and witness, than to believe in the eternal pre-existence of an ulterior cause, or Creator of the world, a being whom we see not, and know not, of whose form substance and mode or place of existence, or of action no sense informs us, no power of the mind enables us to delineate or comprehend. On the contrary I hold (without appeal to revelation) that when we take a view of the Universe, in it's parts general or particular, it is impossible for the human mind not to percieve and feel a conviction of design, consummate skill, and indefinite power in every atom of it's composition. The movements of the heavenly bodies, so exactly held in their course by the balance of centrifugal and centripetal forces, the structure of our earth itself, with it's distribution of lands, waters and atmosphere, animal and vegetable bodies, examined in all their minutest particles, insects mere atoms of life, yet as perfectly organised as man or mammoth, the mineral substances, their generation and uses, it is impossible, I say, for the human mind not to believe that there is, in all this, design, cause and effect, up to an ultimate cause, a fabricator of all things from matter and motion, their preserver and regulator while permitted to exist in their present forms, and their regenerator into new and other forms. We see, too, evident proofs of the necessity of a superintending power to maintain the Universe in it's course and order. Stars, well known, have disappeared, new ones have come into view, comets, in their incalculable courses, may run foul of suns and planets and require renovation under other laws; certain races of animals are become extinct; and, were there no restoring power, all existences might extinguish successively, one by one, until all should be reduced to a shapeless chaos. So irresistible are these evidences of an intelligent and powerful Agent that, of the infinite numbers of men who have existed thro' all time, they have believed, in the proportion of a million at least to Unit, in the hypothesis of an eternal pre-existence of a creator, rather than in that of a self-existent Universe. Surely this unanimous sentiment renders this more probable than that of the few in the other hypothesis. Some early Christians indeed have believed in the coeternal pre-existance of both the Creator and the world, without changing their relation of cause and effect. That this was the opinion of St. Thomas, we are informed by Cardinal Toleto, in these words `Deus ab aeterno fuit jam omnipotens, sicut cum produxit mundum. Ab aeterno potuit producere mundum. -- Si sol ab aeterno esset, lumen ab aeterno esset; et si pes, similiter vestigium. At lumen et vestigium effectus sunt efficientis solis et pedis; potuit ergo cum causa aeterna effectus coaeterna esse. Cujus sententiae est S. Thomas Theologorum primus' Cardinal Toleta.

Of the nature of this being we know nothing. Jesus tells us that `God is a spirit.' 4. John 24. but without defining what a spirit is {pneyma o Theos}. Down to the 3d. century we know that it was still deemed material; but of a lighter subtler matter than our gross bodies. So says Origen. `Deus igitur, cui anima similis est, juxta Originem, reapte corporalis est; sed graviorum tantum ratione corporum incorporeus.' These are the words of Huet in his commentary on Origen. Origen himself says `appelatio {asomaton} apud nostros scriptores est inusitata et incognita.' So also Tertullian `quis autem negabit Deum esse corpus, etsi deus spiritus? Spiritus etiam corporis sui generis, in sua effigie.' Tertullian. These two fathers were of the 3d. century. Calvin's character of this supreme being seems chiefly copied from that of the Jews. But the reformation of these blasphemous attributes, and substitution of those more worthy, pure and sublime, seems to have been the chief object of Jesus in his discources to the Jews: and his doctrine of the Cosmogony of the world is very clearly laid down in the 3 first verses of the 1st. chapter of John, in these words, `{en arche en o logos, kai o logos en pros ton Theon kai Theos en o logos. `otos en en arche pros ton Theon. Panta de ayto egeneto, kai choris ayto egeneto ode en, o gegonen}. Which truly translated means `in the beginning God existed, and reason (or mind) was with God, and that mind was God. This was in the beginning with God. All things were created by it, and without it was made not one thing which was made'. Yet this text, so plainly declaring the doctrine of Jesus that the world was created by the supreme, intelligent being, has been perverted by modern Christians to build up a second person of their tritheism by a mistranslation of the word {logos}. One of it's legitimate meanings indeed is `a word.' But, in that sense, it makes an unmeaning jargon: while the other meaning `reason', equally legitimate, explains rationally the eternal preexistence of God, and his creation of the world. Knowing how incomprehensible it was that `a word,' the mere action or articulation of the voice and organs of speech could create a world, they undertake to make of this articulation a second preexisting being, and ascribe to him, and not to God, the creation of the universe. The Atheist here plumes himself on the uselessness of such a God, and the simpler hypothesis of a self-existent universe. The truth is that the greatest enemies to the doctrines of Jesus are those calling themselves the expositors of them, who have perverted them for the structure of a system of fancy absolutely incomprehensible, and without any foundation in his genuine words. And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this the most venerated reformer of human errors.

So much for your quotation of Calvin's `mon dieu! jusqu'a quand' in which, when addressed to the God of Jesus, and our God, I join you cordially, and await his time and will with more readiness than reluctance.

May we meet there again, in Congress, with our antient Colleagues, and recieve with them the seal of approbation `Well done, good and faithful servants.'

====
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

I followed up the Jefferson/Adams letter with a metaphor using a bicycle wheel:

The Jewish God Jefferson spoke of in that letter to John Adams, I think, is like the hub (the center) of a bicycle wheel...

...The wheel would be earth, God at the hub, with the spokes laced to the hub representing every individual/organizational religious belief in the existence of a higher power than ourselves.

The hypothesis being that all believing people worship the same God, identifying God using various names for God, seeking a relationship with God along different paths, customs, cultures, and traditions.

I think, then, that if there is a God as Jefferson describes God - the God of Israel, one of God's attributes ought to be that God hears all who seek God, regardless of the individual character of their worship or what name God is known under by each individual. There is scriptural evidence that this might be the case.

People that believe in God appear to sincerely need God, they themselves being a powerful evidence of the existence of God that Atheists must disregard before settling on Atheism.

We are all different. It's difficult to imagine the supporters of ISIS becoming Atheists in order to adopt democratic principles that require Atheistic governance for the administration of "freedom of religion".

I think Jefferson's ideas about Jesus and his purpose ought to be revisited by Atheists.
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

Why should Jefferson's ideas be revisited?

Because secular government is not working. I am hardly the person to convince you of anything, much less of reconsidering your belief system (or non-belief system in this case). I have a limited vocabulary, I am un-eloquent, I do not know how to be persuasive. There are people with these characteristics in spades but they choose to remain silent at the moment, as far as know. And I don't know very far. I will try anyway.

Secular democracy in the United States has evolved into Atheistic tyranny.

Atheists, those who are passionate at least, have taken an active role in limiting the participation and influence of religious thought and principle in government. Even if a congressman or senator, police officer, etc. believes in God - be they Jewish, Christian, Muslim, or any other faith - they cannot utilize the moral authority of their belief system in their public service.

Rather than inclusive, the influence of Atheism in this country has resulted in the forced exclusion of the moral authority that has historically served as guidance for its leaders, legislators, and even those merely employed by the government.

There is little freedom of religion today in public service. We are governed by people in public service whom, under the threat of force, must perform their duties while ebbing and flowing according to Atheistic whim.

Not to offend anyone, but I'd like to list a few of what I believe are the consequences of excluding the traditional moral guidance advocated by Thomas Jefferson.
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

Preface to my list: I have found that when discussing the possible negative impacts on society that Atheism might be responsible for, many Atheists tend to point out that organized religion is really at fault - especially when it comes to violence, war, hatred, racism, oppression, and the like. That's why many have turned to Atheism in the first place, they tell me.

Please try to think out of this box for a time. Rather than black and white, consider for a moment that both organized religion and Atheism are full of lighter and darker shades of gray.

With that in mind, I think that since no one has seen God nor can empirically prove God's existence, we are all Atheists to some degree.

Even the most devout believer, the most ardent Atheist, in moments of doubt or succumbing to temptation, must logically suspend his or her belief or unbelief during those moments - or hours, or days, or years.

For the errant believer, this Atheistic behavior is sanctioned by his or her faith in the grace of God.

For the errant Atheist, this Atheistic behavior is sanctioned through his or her belief that all truth is relative, that despite the laws of nature and the universe so painstakingly discovered by science over the millennia, individual behaviors not based on religion are irrelevant. So Atheist's have faith too, faith in the grace of a universe governed by rigid and inflexible laws.

My point being that when I refer to Atheism in the following list I am referring to all of us and our varying degrees of unbelief in God or the laws of nature and the universe.

So please don't feel singled out as Atheists (or believers).

[The promised list is in the works, I'm sorry for the delay.]
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

The first item in my list of notable consequences of excluding the traditional moral guidance advocated by Thomas Jefferson are the missing people.

Most likely 60 million potential human beings have been aborted since 1973. How many Jeffersons, Lincolns, Cohens, etc, we might be missing due to the normalization of abortion will probably never be studied and reported. However, it's a good bet that the act of destroying individual human potential - humanity's most valuable resource, after all - is responsible for a lot of the unsolvable problems we can see today if we look.

Imagine 60 million more diverse and energetic people between the ages of 1 and 43 in this country than we have today. A large pool from which to draw just leaders, great innovators, noble poets, and more.

Smush.
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

The second item in my list of notable consequences of excluding the traditional moral guidance advocated by Thomas Jefferson is Anti-Semitism and the endless conflicts in the Middle East Anti-Semitism is at the root of.

Atheism is inherently Anti-Semitic. It IS Anti-Semitism. By denying the existence of God Atheists deny that Jews are the chosen people of God. Consequently Jews have been persecuted for centuries, as we all know, by various levels of Atheistic thought both inside and outside of organized religion.

The Bible from the Torah states that the Jews are God's chosen people. Jesus supported this statement in the New Testament. The Qur'an supports this statement in plain Arabic, as does the Lotus Sutra in metaphor. The religious world could/should be in agreement on this were it not for Atheistic influences.

Today we've reached a point where it should be plain that secular, or Atheistic, government will never be able to peacefully resolve any conflict claimed to be of a religious nature without wiping out one side or the other. Killing them, I mean. Which action, as the chosen people of God have shown again and again through their suffering, just isn't possible.

God's people will survive, whatever religion they adhere to, especially the Jews.

Secular government begins at the position that no God can influence its behavior, therefore there is no chosen people, there is no promised land - thus denying the sacrifices so nobly suffered for that very God - including the Holocaust itself. On a scale of 1 to 10, Hitler's professed "Christianity" came in at about a 1. The rest was pure Atheism in my opinion.

As Thomas Jefferson implied, peace will come via the God of Israel, not through his absence.

I apologize in advance for the preachy, confusing, and megalomaniacal tone of this post, but I couldn't seem to say it any other way. Extremely smart and talented and articulate people, practiced in the art of humility, who appear to share some of these ideas, seem determined not to speak up themselves at this time. For reasons of their own. I am a fool but it's been said now, Leonard, et al. Stand up, like the poem says, please.
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

The third item in my list of notable consequences of excluding the traditional moral guidance advocated by Thomas Jefferson is Floating Truth.

If it be true that truth itself is relative, then humanity can control the truth. Humanity can even reverse the course of the truth and choose the truth that works best for it.

Consider what happened when we decided we'd like to fly like we saw the birds fly. Uncountable disasters took the lives of uncountable people over the millennia as uncountable designs meant to lift us off the ground were built and tested, only to result in uncountable failures.

After some time had passed humanity eventually arrived upon what we call the laws of physics. These laws somewhat restricted the freedom of aircraft designers, but they have largely been successful in getting humanity off the ground.

Something similar has also taken place in humanity's quest for a peaceful and just society: Thousands of years of experimentation with different forms of government leading us up to these words penned by Thomas Jefferson.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Straight from the teachings of Jesus Christ, this is the truth America was founded upon.

In the language of the time, the passage says that all men and women are equal in God's eyes. It says that all men and women are endowed by God with indispensable rights. Finally, it says that these indispensable rights all men and woman are endowed with include life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

If there is no God, which is the de facto position of our Atheistic-centric secular government, which is required by law to think and act Atheistically, the words of Jefferson and the founders lose all credibility before that government. Look around at your poor, your widows, your fatherless, your sick, your mentally ill, your prisoners, your "enemies"... They are still here, under the glitz.

What to do? We can turn the truth their way again.
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
Simply re-examine the evidence, the Sermon on the Mount and the other teachings of Jesus recorded in the Jefferson Bible. It is your indispensable right to Rethink the concept of a loving God, a God that considers the least of us the greatest of us, who will leave nobody behind, kill nobody, to whom every knee will bow. The God of Israel who, according to the various books describing him, was exemplified by the life of Jesus Christ, right up to dying to get his message across to us, if he could die.

Vote for Jesus of Nazareth, the life that is the truth about God!
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

I realize posting an open letter in a closed box is better than posting no open letter at all. I'm getting un-numb.

It's not just that "there's a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in..."

It's "Ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering..."

That's how the light gets through cracks. By ringing.

Anyway, I don't think it's too early to get started earnestly on the 2020 campaign.

We will call this effort:

----The 20-20 Jesus Of Nazareth for President Campaign----

...because we think everyone will see pretty clearly in four years, and without glasses.

First of all: Do not stress or worry. Just rise above it all. You have overcome.

You are an eagle, soaring on warm thermals, lifted up effortlessly, gaining enough height to see it all as it came about.

So simple. It would be perfect, really, if it weren't required to remember that you could be wrong. But even if you're wrong, you know enough already to continue soaring on thermals.

Vote for Jesus in 20-20!
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

Oh the Atheist in all of us: it is The Final Kyklos... apparently.

Pause the excuses, please: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyklos. Enough, because it's getting too close to you.

1. It's not their racism that did it: It's your racism.

It's not the loud and irritating voices that name-call, but your silent acceptance and support of racist economic oppression while you mouth racial platitudes in pockets of plenty.

You have adopted the ghetto as an institution of American society, appointed a permanent lower class by declaring an end to the War on Poverty. You have chosen instead to wage economic war on minorities and the poor. Not just the poor, but also the elderly, the uneducated, the homeless, the handicapped, and the mentally ill.

These are the Glory of God shining on you, but you say:

"Hide them from us. Build walls around our pleasantness, price them out, hire more policeman with more armor, more lethal weapons, to shoot them down."

Oh, you do have your charity. You are flush with anecdotal evidence of bootstrap pulling. You count the meals you serve them on holidays. You grant them a small percentage of what you donate to huge self-serving foundations. You pay them lip service in your counsels as you remove services, de-index increases, and cut funds due to "tight budgets".

2. It''s not the Russians that did it: You did it.

Insatiable even with all you have, via your racism you've exported your contentment to the Middle East. Walls of pleasantness are sprouting up everywhere. But now you have a war that will never end because you decided the Qur'an was the tale of an ancient. Today you cannot read what it actually says without condemning yourself as "racist". You prefer legal genocide to reading, wiping them all out to understanding they're just you.

"Hide them from us. Build bigger forces, with more armor, more lethal weapons. No budget, just spend whatever it takes. No compassion, keep consuming, Stuff Bless America."

Oh you do have your charity. You take in like-minded refugees who can afford to escape the hell you've created for them, who are used to walls of pleasantness also, whose own you have torn down.

*** Those who are left won't let you off your hook, forever. ***

You will run out of excuses as political paranoia sets further in. So why not start the self-examination of the American Spirit now? Save a few lives? A few cattle? There are three books whose gist you might wish to become familiar with: The Bible, the Qur'an, and the Lotus Sutra.

Vote for Jesus of Nazareth in the 20-20 election, now less than four years away!

Jesus will tear down the walls of pleasantness that are keeping racism and the wars it engenders going. He will start a pleasantness epidemic. He will lift up the poor everywhere, the elderly, the uneducated, the homeless, the handicapped, and the mentally ill, by making them the central focus of all societies, and teaching us how to do that too. Feeding them, healing them, loving them, housing them, and enriching their lives. At the least.

Vote for Jesus in 20-20!
Casey Butler

Post by Casey Butler »

Courage.

I am so much like a poor version of that man it hurts sometimes. But... like most Caterpillar operators, we have big hearts and even better intentions.

On Martin Luther King day I thought about Mr. King's beautiful "I have been to the mountaintop" speech.

He knew what he was doing at the time... in Memphis. Do you know what he was doing? He'd figured out a riddle, I believe. Are you interested in riddles? I don't know if you are yet. We're just starting tomorrow. And I could be wrong. I've really not known that many Atheists in my life.

Try again to understand the Sermon on the Mount (rather, in honor of Leonard, stop pretending you don't). Vote for Jesus of Nazareth in 20-20!

When I'm up, it's all pretty exciting.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”