My works posted to YouTube

This is for your own works!!!
Steve Wilcox

My works posted to YouTube

Post by Steve Wilcox »

Good evening fellow Forum-members. I just created a YouTube channel to post 10 original works plus a recent project. Being fans of the world's greatest lyricist, lyrics are often paramount to us. If you have time, please read the lyrics to my original works.

The project was an English translation and recording of a famous Chinese love song, "Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin". Please see the description of that project beneath the video. It is certainly one of the most famous songs on the planet but most Anglophones are not aware of it! Here's the link to Yue Liang . . . ; beneath the video you can click my name beside the photo to find the original works.

Thanks for your time. Steve Wilcox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlBpC50O2lc
anneporter

Re: My works posted to YouTube

Post by anneporter »

Thanks, Steve. I'll check it out.
newfoundland--understand?
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

Very nice. Thanks!

(I like the substitution chord, if that's what it is, towards the end - which is not present in other arrangements of the song I've heard.)
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

Hartmut wrote:Very nice. Thanks!

(I like the substitution chord, if that's what it is, towards the end - which is not present in other arrangements of the song I've heard.)
Harmut, so you are familiar with the song (seeing that you picked out a chord change!). Where do you live that you know the song? Sure, it's just a sappy cheesey love song, but, based on the Internet & YouTube, it obviously has many dedicated fans.

Also, learning as I go, I created a playlist for ease of listening to the originals.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... JJNFkjRHmE
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

Hi Steve,

I only know this song through its many covers on YouTube. And there really are a lot of them!

I couldn't, just by the sound of it, figure out how old this song is. I somehow had gotten the impression it was a very old song. On the other hand, its melody sounds quite western. But, luckily, Wikipedia has an interesting entry on it that tells me it's from the 1970s.

Ok, you probably know all that, Steve. But maybe someone else browsing this thread will find it interesting. :-)

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”