Time to reserve the excursion to Epidaurus etc!

Our biennial Hydra meetups, and the big 2002 Event
jarkko
Site Admin

Time to reserve the excursion to Epidaurus etc!

Post by jarkko »

I have sent this information to all who are listed to our Hydra meet-up this June.
It's still time to join us! More info in this section of the Forum, and at http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/backtohydra.html. On that page you will also find the list of participants (119 names today)!
EXCURSION ON FRIDAY, JUNE 12, 2015

Dear Friends,
now it’s time to give you information about our one-day excursion to the mainland on Friday, June 12. You will find the tour program at the end of this email.

We have to know EXACTLY how many participants we will have, and also we have to collect the money so that there will not be any unpleasant no-show surprises.

If we get the bus full – and I am sure we will – the price per person will be 70 eur, including the meal mentioned in the program. (Refreshments during the stops are not included).

Right now I want to know from EACH of you if you are going to participate or not. Please also let me know in case you won’t join us on Friday. This way I will know that you have got this email.
Simply let me know your decision by email.

Please understand that your confirmation will be binding, and after I have sorted your answers, you will receive another email from me with payment details. We are going to collect the participation fees during March.
Also note that there will be no refund if you cannot join the tour, or don’t make it to Hydra. However, if we have people in a wait-list, your seat can be transferred to someone in the list, and you’ll get your money back from him/her.

We are also going to collect 5 eur fee for the Saturday evening video screening at the open-air Cinema Club. This fee covers the rent of the cinema. Those who are not taking the tour, are asked to pay just the 5 eur fee while the others pay 70+5 eur.

I’m going to send the payment information as soon as we know that we have the minimum number of participants in the excursion.

We organized the trip in the same way two years ago, and everything went really well! This year the route will be a bit different although some of the must-see spots have been included again.

Just (about) three months to go!!
Jarkko
EXCURSION PROGRAM:
9.00 Start from the Port of Hydra. We use the big taxi-boat to get to the mainland. Don’t be late – the boat does not wait. Lakis Christidis of The Hydra Cinema Club will be our expert guide, just like two years ago!

A bus is waiting for us at Metochi, and first takes us to the ancient theater of EPIDAURUS (we have one full hour to see the Theater and the Museum). The theater was constructed in the late 4th century BC. Read more at http://www.ancient.eu/epidaurus/ or watch a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CVO9Vd067U

After a coffee break we will continue our trip towards the Korinthos area, to the city of LOUTRAKI. We stop there for a while to see the ancient temple of the goddess Hera, the wife of Zeus. It was built around 800 BC, close to the sea. More at http://www.visitnafplio.com/visitnafpli ... annet.html

We could swim in the sea, if we feel like it. After that we go to enjoy a nice sea-food meal next to the coast of the sea-lake Voulagmeni.

After the meal we are going to visit the KORINTHOS museum and the great castle of the ancient Acropolis. More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Corinth

After all these exciting stops we’ll drive back through North-East Peloponnesus, and take the taxi-boat to Hydra!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Time to reserve the excursion to Epidaurus etc!

Post by jarkko »

Our trip bus on Friday June 12 is almost full!
I haven't heard from all participants yet. If you plan to join the trip, email me NOW!
We have to give the final number of participants to the local organizer (Hydra Cinema Club) on March 15.
We may have to close the reservation also earlier, as soon as the bus is full.

The remaining seats will be reserved on fist-to-come, first-served basis.
After that the next names have go to the wait-list (waiting for any cancellations).
After March 15 we are going to collect the participation fee.

Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Time to reserve the excursion to Epidaurus etc!

Post by jarkko »

We have now 147 names in the list of participants, and 78 of them have reserved and paid for the Epidaurus excursion.
We will have two buses instead of just one, and this also means that we can add half a dozen new participants.
Let me know if you'd be interested in joining us!

Return to “Hydra Meetups 2023, 2019, 2017, 2015, 2013, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2005 & The Event in 2002”